Thread: Need a Projector Recommendation

Default Need a Projector Recommendation

Anyone have a projector they use and love? This would be for hosting presentations, not for a home theatre.

I've heard about ones that can run slideshows (Powerpoints?) off of a USB drive. This would be a huge help for us since we have to lug a big laptop to our seminars now.

I've also heard about ones that magnify the picture so you can have the projector 2 feet from the screen but the whole screen filled up. Unfortunately I don't know what the names for these features are so it's hard to search for one.

How much are you looking to spend? We have Dell projectors and they work great, but they're mounted in conference rooms. Our "mobile" Dell projector is gigantic compared to some of the smaller ones: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...ynote_irrank=0
    Boondock

Grab something from the Dell Outlet. We use 5 Toshibas here at work and they have been great. We also have a Asus in our conference room. It's newer and pretty small. You might also look at the PICO projectors that are hitting the market - low power and short throw.

Dell Pico

I may end up going Epson. We get a big discount if we get it from Staples and I don't see any Dell's available. Not sure about Toshibas.