Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Diablo III

I'm still having fun

I have altitis in these games though, I have a mix of toons on nightmare and still on normal.

Eventually I'll get to have fun like that video above

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Hauser is OP!
    Boondock

Resurrecting this old thread. Picked this up on Xbox One a couple weeks ago and I have enjoyed playing through the campaign as I sit on the couch...

Luke - Can you tell me with all the expansions installed what is the end game in Diablo 3? What is adventure mode etc? I see you guys playing all the time so I assume the game doesn't just end.

The end game is really just finding different gear and improving stats on gear.

Adventure mode allows you to do Bounties, which are like quests, without having to go through any of the story cuts. Also, you can do Rifts, which are timed random dungeons that have a greater chance of legendary drops. Greater Rifts also give legendary gems, which are very powerful and can be leveled up by doing higher levels of Greater Rifts. So, once you have gone through the campaign once, there is really no reason to go back to it and Adventure mode offers an alternative way of playing.

I haven't played the console versions so I don't know if there are any major differences from the PC version.

Thanks that helps explain it. The console version is pretty much the same but some of the stuff is streamlined like unlimited health potions. No need to purchase them which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Thanks that helps explain it. The console version is pretty much the same but some of the stuff is streamlined like unlimited health potions. No need to purchase them which is nice.
    They actually changed this somewhat recently on the PC version. You did need to buy them or pick them up in the past though, unless you had one of the bottomless legendary potions. It was a nice change, because once you got one of the bottomless potions, health potions became a totally unnecessary part of the game.

Patch notes:

Greetings, nephalem!

Patch 2.4.0 is now live for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

This patch includes a variety of item and content updates, including (but not limited to):

New Zone: Greyhollow Island

The mysterious forested locale of Greyhollow Island is now open for exploration! Inhabited by new enemies and steeped in intrigue, brave the wilds and unravel the enigma behind the isle's mysterious inhabitants. Be forewarned, however; the land itself is hungry for blood.

To learn more about Greyhollow Island, click here.

Expanded Areas: The Eternal Woods & Leoric's Manor

The Sanctuary you know grows larger. Two existing zones are receiving new, fully explorable additions, featuring new bounties and events. Survive the hunting grounds of the fierce yeti in the Eternal Woods, a new branch of The Ruins of Sescheron zone. Leoric's Manor becomes a bit grander beyond the collapsed stairwell in Act I, opening up the Royal Quarters for curious treasure hunters.

New Feature: Set Dungeons

Test your mettle against one of twenty-four custom designed set dungeons! Each dungeon features a pre-generated, static course designed entirely around a specific class set. Don all six pieces of your chosen set and visit Leoric's Library to obtain a clue on where these hidden trials are located. Hunt down your dungeon of choice and master it to unlock exclusive cosmetic rewards for one, more, or for the truly dedicated, all of these challenges!

New Feature: Empowered Rifts

Spend your gold to empower a Greater Rift, granting a fourth opportunity to upgrade a Legendary Gem. Gold costs vary based on the tier of Greater Rift level attempted, and bonus upgrades are granted only to those who successfully complete the rift, so spend wisely!

General

• Players may now purchase additional stash space, up to 350 slots total
    • At level 70, +% Bonus Experience is reduced to 10% effectiveness
    • Death's Breath now has a unique item color and have a beam effect for increased visibility

Item Updates

• Several existing sets have received power redesigns or significant updates
      • Redesigned Sets
        • The Legacy of Raekor
        • Thorns of the Invoker
        • The Shadow's Mantle
        • Monkey King's Garb
        • Delsere's Magnum Opus
        • Tal Rasha's Elements

• Updated Sets
        • Might of the Earth
        • Armor of Akkhan
        • Roland's Legacy
        • Embodiment of the Marauder
        • Natalya's Vengeance
        • Unhallowed Essence
        • Inna's Mantra
        • Raiment of the Jade Harvester
        • Spirit of Arachyr
        • Firebird's Finery

• Added new Legendary items
    • A number of existing Legendary items have also been redesigned
      • Old versions of these Legendary items found previous to this patch will notbe automatically updated with redesigned powers, and will need to be found again to benefit from these changes.

Skill Updates

• Taunt now causes monsters to consistently attack you
    • All classes have received several skill updates

Nephalem Rift Updates

• Medium and Large versions of most cave maps can no longer appear in Greater Rifts
    • Density has been increased in many cave maps
    • The amount of progression granted by progress orbs in Nephalem and Greater Rifts has been increased
    • The number of progression orbs dropped by Rare monsters has been increased from 3 to 4
    • The total amount of progress required to complete a rift has been increased
    • Several new tile sets based on the new zones introduced in Patch 2.3.0 and 2.4.0 have been added for Nephalem Rifts
    • New snow and forest themed monster population types have been added for Nephalem Rifts
    • Some Pylons have been slightly tweaked for balance

Adventure Mode Updates

• A new recipe has been added to Kanai's Cube
    • An arrow will now indicate the location of the Keywarden if you are in a zone where one is present
    • The names and descriptions of the Keywardens and the items they drop have been changed to correspond to the respective realms their machines open and the organs dropped in those realms
    • Bandit Shrines now have a unique appearance

Monsters

• Experience granted by all monsters at level 70 has been increased
    • Monster health has been reduced in solo, 2, and 3-player Greater Rifts
    • Elites in Set Dungeons can now occasionally drop pieces of Set Dungeon lore
    • The tactics and animations of several enemies have been retuned
    • The tactics and animations of several Rift Guardians have been retuned
    • Rift Guardians will now teleport to a player if there is a very long walking distance between them
    • Starting at Torment VII, Rift Guardians now drop a guaranteed Forgotten Soul and have a chance, increased by difficulty level, to drop a second Forgotten Soul

User Interface

• The user interface has received several quality of life updates
      • Skill buttons with active skills now glow
      • Skill buttons with time-limited buffs now show a timer bar
      • Skill buttons with stacked buffs now show the stack count in green
      • Revenge now plays an effect on the skill button when it is ready
      • A second row has been added to the buff bar for each player with space for up to 14 total buff icons

• Very large floating numbers will now be abbreviated
      • An option has been added to disable this abbreviation

• An effect has been added to the XP bar when players gain or lose bonus experience from Pools of Reflection

May all your adventures fare well, heroes. The armies of hell await you in the depths of Sanctuary and your bravery alone is all that holds them at bay.

To update your game, please make sure you are signed in to either your PlayStation Network or Xbox Live account. PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold subscriptions are not required to access this newest update.

Finished the story this weekend at about level 50. Checked out the "bounties" and "boss kills" that became available on the map. Pretty cool little quests to do for really good gear rewards. Then I tried the standard rifts. Basically a dungeon that you do with a counter on the screen for number of kills - when the number of kills goal is reached the rift guardian spawns. I successfully did two rifts - one was easy one was pretty hard (tons of adds during the boss). Now I need to figure out how to open up the Greater Rifts... It looks like a currency drops in the normal rifts that is used to do greater rifts.... Not sure if you need to be max level to open the greater rifts.

diablo-3-rift-menu.jpg

Tried an Online game last night. Went really well. Joined a quick match, got paired with another guy already in a rift. I teleported to him and we finished the rift together. He was lvl 56 and I was lvl 51 so it brought my level up to 56 just for the rift. Cool thing was all the gear I won was level 56 and I got to keep it after I left the game.

diablo3-3.jpg

Finally hit 70 a couple days ago and started the end game stuff. I still have no idea how to craft gems and such but I started the higher rifts and got a key to a greater rift. I did a couple more rifts but no additional keys dropped.... I guess they aren't guaranteed to drop which is annoying.

From what I have read the bounties are where you get the set pieces and rifts are for gems? I replace gear so quickly that I don't know if it's worth gemming anything.