Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diablo III

Definitely a fun click click click have a couple beers game. I like that you can re-spec on the fly and it's pretty easy except for the end of the Act boss fights. I played solo a bit last night and it's harder compared to coop (even with a geared companion). Hell mode I am sure will change this.

I'm playing. Have a 33 or 34 mage just starting act 4 and some alts backward through the acts.

Really gets easy when you have hand-me-down gear

Great game to turn off your brain and click for a while.

The witch doctor is a fucking hoot. Betweeen the dogs straight outta avatar, jars of spiders, tossing a bunch-o-frogs, firebats starcraft style, dire bats...haunt....love it...

So, as pointed out by the large gentleman above, it seems the DRM tactics of requiring continuous online authentication are coming to the forfront of discussion finally. It's been around forever but usually it covered only games that were designed solely for online play. I can't recall but is SC2 playable single player without an internet connection? If i recall correctly it was but you wouldn't be able to save progress achievements etc? At least it was possible....

I guess i don't see the point, but at the same time, who does not have a decent internet connection these days? Personally i couldn't care less and i kinda agree with the arguments from the folks who call out the generation of "entitlement gamers". If you don't like the product or it's features, go play something else. Nobody owes you the product you "hoped" for...as Louie CK says, make your own then if you dont like it...
    Last edited by Chadwick; 05-23-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

We found the giant frog that you can shoot out that eats enemies to be cute but annoying after awhile

Here are the latest patch notes:
    Diablo III - Massive Hotfix List
    As reported last night, it looks like Blizzard has been actively hotfixing differnt parts of the game. You can view the full list below

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Below you'll find a list of hotfixes which address various gameplay and service issues affecting Diablo III. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below will go live the moment they are implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this thread in the days ahead as additional hotfixes are applied.
    Spoiler Warning: If you have not yet completed Diablo III on Normal, some hotfixes described in this list may include spoilers.

// May 22 //
    General
    Players will now receive an error message when attempting to remove a gem from an item with no sockets (rather than disconnecting)
    Players will now properly have their casting interrupted when attacked while performing resurrect on a fallen group member
    Resolved over 30 game and service crashes affecting players
    Classes
    Demon Hunter
    Active Skills
    Smoke Screen
    Duration reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second (tooltip will still show 2 seconds)
    Skill Rune - Lingering Fog
    Now increases the duration of Smoke Screen to 1.5 seconds (tooltip will still show 3 seconds)
    Monk
    Active Skills
    Fists of Thunder
    Skill Rune - Quickening
    Fixed an issue that was causing spirit regeneration to incorrectly trigger off critical hits from other sources, such as Sweeping Wind
    Mantra of Healing
    Mantra of Healing will now correctly provide only two times the base healing effect for the first 3 seconds after activation, down from four times the base healing effect (tooltip will still show the old value)
    Skill Rune - Boon of Protection
    A maximum absorption amount has been set to 1000 Life. This skill will be redesigned in an upcoming patch.
    Wizard
    Active Skills
    Arcane Torrent
    Skill Rune - Cascade
    Fixed an issue that was causing Arcane Torrent to fire 3 new missiles per kill instead of only 1 new missile per kill
    Number of new missiles generated from this rune will now cap at 10 missiles
    Energy Armor
    Skill Rune - Force Armor
    Amount of damage absorbed from a single attack will now cap at 100% of a player’s maximum Life
    Items
    The rare chest in the Town Cellar in Alcanus will now only spawn 50% of the time, down from 100%
    Players can no longer dual-wield two-handed weapons
    // May 18 //
    Classes
    Monk
    Active Skills
    Serenity
    Skill Rune - Tranquility
    Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second
    Encounters
    Players will no longer remain invulnerable to attacks after defeating Diablo.
    Players can no longer become stuck during Diablo’s Shadow Grab ability if a player blinds Diablo while Shadow Grab is being cast.
    Items
    Equipping a shield on a follower as a demon hunter will no longer disconnect you from the game.
    Quests
    Act I
    Players can now always interact with Karyna during the quest and quest step "Trailing the Coven : Talk to Karyna" when they resume from a save.
    Act II
    The Enchantress will now always appear during the quest and quest step "Shadows in the Desert : Disrupt the Hidden Conclave."
    Act IV
    Tyrael will now always be present for the in-game cutscene during the quest and quest step "Prime Evil : Climb to the Pinnacle of Heaven in the Silver Spire."

My only complaint about this game so far is that the AH sucks... I expected more from Blizzard since they perfected the AH system through WoW. But, this one for D3 is really bad... on par with SWTOR. There are few search options, which makes it nearly impossible to find anything worthwhile because the AH is flooded with items right now.

When you want to post an item, you want to figure out what similar items are selling for, which is impossible right now. You can't narrow down your search enough to see what buyout you need to undercut. If you sort by buyout, you will either get 46 pages of the highest buyouts, or 46 pages of N/A buyout where they posted the item for bid only.

Also, when you search for commodities, it only gives you an average buyout for the past 10 trades, rather than a list.

I am sure they will improve this, but right now it's barely usable.

One thing that I am noticing, especially with weapons, is that people are putting gems into items with sockets, then posting them. For the weapons, it is always a ruby, which increases the damage and, therefore, the item's listed DPS. I am guessing this is done because when people are searching for items, they are sorting by highest DPS first.

So, if you really want to make a lot of money, find a good rare weapon, socket it with a flawless or perfect ruby, then sell it for like 100k gold. Move the price down from there until you get a buyer.

Guess I finished Act II last night. Was surprised that it seemed far easier than the final boss of Act I, which Scott and I had to try about 4-5 times before we got the right strat and specs to figure it out. The Act II boss only took me 2 tries, and I had even forgot to hire a companion so it was just me and my personal dead-pet army.. Hope III and IV are more challenging...

Diablo = Loot pinata..

I have a level 20 Demon hunter. Hauserbnet@gmail.com if you want to add me. I haven't played with anyone yet and don't hire companions. Fun game. I have a harder time with elite or champion packs than I do the bosses it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauser View Post
    I have a level 20 Demon hunter. Hauserbnet@gmail.com if you want to add me. I haven't played with anyone yet and don't hire companions. Fun game. I have a harder time with elite or champion packs than I do the bosses it seems.
    This is normal. Any unique mobs, including bosses, are much easier than the elite or champ packs. The gap between the two gets larger as you progress to high difficulties. Starting in Hell difficulty, the elite and champ packs are VERY difficult.