Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diablo III

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Old Chicago Apple Valley? I can almost guarantee that part of that team is a couple friends of mine..

Great game. Much better for a few beers and turn the brain off type of fun...maybe im too old for the true MMORPGs anymore...
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Definitely a fun click click click have a couple beers game. I like that you can re-spec on the fly and it's pretty easy except for the end of the Act boss fights. I played solo a bit last night and it's harder compared to coop (even with a geared companion). Hell mode I am sure will change this.

My only complaint about this game so far is that the AH sucks... I expected more from Blizzard since they perfected the AH system through WoW. But, this one for D3 is really bad... on par with SWTOR. There are few search options, which makes it nearly impossible to find anything worthwhile because the AH is flooded with items right now.

When you want to post an item, you want to figure out what similar items are selling for, which is impossible right now. You can't narrow down your search enough to see what buyout you need to undercut. If you sort by buyout, you will either get 46 pages of the highest buyouts, or 46 pages of N/A buyout where they posted the item for bid only.

Also, when you search for commodities, it only gives you an average buyout for the past 10 trades, rather than a list.

I am sure they will improve this, but right now it's barely usable.

One thing that I am noticing, especially with weapons, is that people are putting gems into items with sockets, then posting them. For the weapons, it is always a ruby, which increases the damage and, therefore, the item's listed DPS. I am guessing this is done because when people are searching for items, they are sorting by highest DPS first.

So, if you really want to make a lot of money, find a good rare weapon, socket it with a flawless or perfect ruby, then sell it for like 100k gold. Move the price down from there until you get a buyer.

Guess I finished Act II last night. Was surprised that it seemed far easier than the final boss of Act I, which Scott and I had to try about 4-5 times before we got the right strat and specs to figure it out. The Act II boss only took me 2 tries, and I had even forgot to hire a companion so it was just me and my personal dead-pet army.. Hope III and IV are more challenging...

Diablo = Loot pinata..

I'm playing. Have a 33 or 34 mage just starting act 4 and some alts backward through the acts.

Really gets easy when you have hand-me-down gear

Great game to turn off your brain and click for a while.

The witch doctor is a fucking hoot. Betweeen the dogs straight outta avatar, jars of spiders, tossing a bunch-o-frogs, firebats starcraft style, dire bats...haunt....love it...

So, as pointed out by the large gentleman above, it seems the DRM tactics of requiring continuous online authentication are coming to the forfront of discussion finally. It's been around forever but usually it covered only games that were designed solely for online play. I can't recall but is SC2 playable single player without an internet connection? If i recall correctly it was but you wouldn't be able to save progress achievements etc? At least it was possible....

I guess i don't see the point, but at the same time, who does not have a decent internet connection these days? Personally i couldn't care less and i kinda agree with the arguments from the folks who call out the generation of "entitlement gamers". If you don't like the product or it's features, go play something else. Nobody owes you the product you "hoped" for...as Louie CK says, make your own then if you dont like it...
    Last edited by Chadwick; 05-23-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph