Thread: The 100 of '12 - Part 2

Talking The 100 of '12 - Part 2

The 100 of '12

PART 2: April-June

---------------

American Reunion
    April 6th

Writer & Director of Harold & Kumar, starring Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan, Sean William Scott, Mena Suvari, Shannon Elizabeth, Chris Klein, Tara Reid, Jim's Dad, Stiffler's Mom, basically all the originals. I'm a sucker for these movies, I love 'em and the trailer made me laugh

Bullet to the Head
    April 13th

Walter Hill, the 70 year old director who is known for making westerns like "Last Man Standing", "48 Hours", "Another 48 Hours" and "Red Heat", is directing Sylvester Stallone and Christian Slater in an action flick about a hitman (Sly) & an NYPD detective who team up to...zzzzzzzzz

Update: Moved to December 2012

The Cabin In The Woods
    April 13th

Not sure if this needs to be on here, but it could surprise. Co-written/produced by Joss Whedon & starring Chris Hemsworth (Thor), it looks like it might have a twist or two.

Movie 43
    April 13th

Apparently a bunch of comedy shorts with an ensemble cast. Lots of people on here: Kristen Bell, Halle Berry, Kate Bosworth, Gerard Butler, Kieran Culkin, Josh Duhamel, Anna Farris, Richard Gere, Hugh Jackman, Johnny Knoxville, Justin Long, McLovin, Liv Schreiber, Tony Shaloub, Uma Thurman, Sean Williams Scott, Kate Winslett and Jason Sudeikis. Wow...

Update: I can't find anything about this movie...it's disappeared!

The Three Stooges
    April 13th

The Ferrelly brothers have hit rock bottom. The wrote, directed and produced this masterpiece...talk about going all in on a flick that looks horrifyingly bad.

Lockout
    April 20th

Looks like they can't decide on a name for this one, I've seen it called three different things. Here's the synopsis: Guy Pearce is a government agent who is convicted of a crime he didn't commit. He is offered his freedom if he can rescue the President's daughter from a space prison that has been overtaken by it's prisoners. Sounds...different.

Scary Movie 5
    April 20th

No info other than David Zucker is returning to direct, possibly Anna Farris and the regular cast. I still laugh at these movies (parts 3 and beyond anyway, once Zucker took over)

Update: Pushed back to January 2013

The Five Year Engagement
    April 27th

Apatow produced, director of "Get Him To The Greek" & "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", starring Jason Segal (who co-wrote) & Emily Blunt and it looks like it could deliver.

Safe
    April 27th

Director of "Remember the Titans", starring Jason Statham as...imagine that...a former elite agent who rescues an abducted girl and must fight...wow. The Triads, the Russian Mafia and corrupt New York cops & politicians. He's going to be tired...

The Raven
    April 27th
    V for Vendetta & Ninja Assassin director starring John Cusack about "the last days of Edgar Allan Poe's life, where he pursues a serial killer who's murders mirror those in Poe's stories." Huh?

The Avengers
    May 4th

Written & directed by Joss Whedon (director of "Serenity", Buffy, "Firefly", writer of so much, including "Toy Story", "Speed", "X-Men", creator of "Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-long-blog", you don’t know who Joss Whedon is?) Starring…(deep breath): Robert Downy Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America, Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk…BOO I liked Edward Norton), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow, /yawn other than her amazing talents), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye, Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury, can you believe that he’s 63 years old?!) $220 million budget…the biggest Marvel initiative yet. Should be huge.

Dark Shadows
    May 11th

Tim Burton directing & producing with Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfieffer, Helena Bonham Carter (of course) in a movie about vampires and witches based on a late 60’s “gothic soap opera”

The Dictator
    May 11th

Sascha Baron Cohen’s new film, where he plays a dictator who comes to America, looks pretty damn funny. They have to update the trailer though because the only parts he’s shown he looks like the Zohan, Adam Sandler’s awful character.

What to Expect when you’re Expecting
    May 18th

Ugh…J-Lo, Cameron Diaz, Elizabeth Banks, Dennis Quaid, Chris Rock, havin’ babies. Looks rough.

Battleship
    May 18th

Directed by Peter Berg, starring Taylor Kitsch, Alexander Skarsgard, Brooklyn Decker, Liam Neeson, Rihanna? $200 Million! Looks...oh come on, it looks pretty damn entertaining. /popcorn /brain=off /enjoy!

MIB 3
    May 25th

Barry Sonnenfeld (MIB 1 & 2), brings back Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, adds Josh Brolin, Jermaine Clement...

Moonrise Kingdom
    May 25th

New Wes Anderson movie and wow, look at that cast: Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Harvey Keitel, Edward Norton, Jason Schwartzman, etc. etc.

Snow White and the Huntsmen
    June 1st

Directed by…who? That’s right, first time director who has primarily only made (really, really good) commercials. Remember those badass Halo ODST ads? Yeah, that’s this guy. What should a studio do? Give him $100 million and the helm of a major summer reliease. Good luck! Actualy, this looks like it will be the "good" Snow White movie, with one glaring weakness: the idiotic blank stare of Kirsetn Stewart as Snow White. My god. Thor’s Chris Hemsworth is the Hunstman and Charilze Theron is the queen.

Madagascar 3
    June 8th

All the same are back (Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Sacha Baron Cohen, etc.) and it will make a boatload.

Prometheus
    June 8th

Ridley Scott ("Alien", "Blade Runner", "Black Hawk Down", "Gladiator") directing what was once thought to be a prequel to "Alien", it’s now described: “'Prometheus' will explore it’s own mythology and universe and is not directly linked to 'Alien'” Staring Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Guy Pearce, and Charlize Theron. Yes, that’s two straight weeks we get to look at Charlize Theron. I’m not complaining.

Rock of Ages
    June 15th

Alec Baldwin, Paul Giamatti, Cathreine Zeta Jones, Russel Brand and…Tom Cruise. Based on the Broadway musical about rock music in the 80’s. Wow...watch the trailer, Tom Cruise's ego couldn't be bigger. Guess he's perfect for that role.

That's My Boy
    June 15th

The first Adam Sandler movie of this year, haven’t heard much but the cast is good: Sandler, Andy Samberg, James Caan, Will Forte, Susan Sarandon and…Vanilla Ice. Lol.

Jack the Giant Killer
    UPDATE: Moved to March 22, 2013

Bryan Singer ("The Usual Suspects", "X-Men 1&2", "Superman Returns") directing an interesting looking blockbuster with Ewan McGregor, Stanely Tucci & Ian McShane.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
    June 22nd

Timur Bekmambetov ("Wanted", "Night Watch") adaptation about, yes, Abraham Lincoln’s secret life as a hunter of vampires. Hopefully the sparkly ones! (Note that I was the first to make this joke that you’ll probably hear 50 times.)

Pixar’s Brave
    June 22nd

Pixar takes a risk with a new director and hopefully this is a rebound from last year’s "Cars 2". It’s Pixar so it should be good!

G.I. Joe: Retaliation
    UPDATE: Moved to March 29th, 2013

Sequel to the G.I. Joe blockbuster, so naturally who should direct it? John M. Chu, best known for Jomama’s favorite movie “Justin Bieber: Never Say Never” and "Step Up" 2 and 3. Wow. The good news is that the trailer actually look excellent and they’ve added some new characters: The Rock as Roadblock, Bruce Willis as General Colton (lol you can’t make this shit up), Lady Jay makes an appearance, played by the hot trashy chick from "Friday Night Lights". Other newcomers are Firefly (yes!) by Ray Stevenson, sounds like Flint will be in this one, Jinx, Tunnel Rat and more. I was disappointed by the first one, but it looks like most the regulars are returning, and it looks to be a monster.

Magic Mike
    June 29th

Steven Soderbergh ("Traffic", "Oceans 11, 12, 13", "Erin Brockovich") in a film with Matthe McConaughey, Channing Tatum (yes, that’s 2 Channing Tatum movies opening on the SAME DAY) and ("I Am Number Four" & "Beastly"’s) Alex Pettyffer about…wait…male strippers? God, how many of us will be dragged to this as payback for GI Joe 2?

Ted
    June 29th

Seth McFarland (Family Guy)'s feature film debut with Mark Wahlberg playing a guy who wished his teddy bear would come to life when he was a kid, and it does. The foul-mouthed teddy bear is voiced by McFarland, and apparently this R-rated movie is about how the teddy bear is screwing up Marky Mark's life now that he's a grown up.
    Last edited by Eric; 05-30-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    Boondock

This part 2 list has the ones that seem most interesting to me.

I LOVED Wanted, and Night Watch was also quite good for what it was. The vampire hunting Lincoln is one of those movies that has potential with huge pitfalls to avoid.

"The Office" types who love uncomfortable comedy and are Borat fans will of course like the Dictator. I liked Borat so im sure ill like this one....but i hate the officecomunityparksandrec style stuff so we will see..

Unfortunatly cabin in the woods is probalby another The silent house remake. But that genera still has potential.

The first GI Joe was fun but forgetable...hopefully they can bring some better story to this one...else the whole series will be as forgetable as transformers was...

I have to believe pixar getting into in depth kid fantasy stuff again will of course work well for them...

I am very stoked for Prometheus. The "survival sci-fi" is probably one of my favorite genres when it has a lot of good background developed for it.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Update: Added "The Raven", April 27th
    Update: "Bullet to the Head" moved to December 2012
    Update: No idea what happened to "Movie 43", can't find a trace of it anywhere lol
    Update: Changed movie title to "Lockout" and added poster
    Update: "Scary Movie 5" pushed to January 2013
    Update: "The Wettest County" Release date changed from April 21st to August 31st
    Update: Added poster to "Dark Shadows"
    Update: Added poster to "What to Expect when You're Expecting" & changed release date from May 11 to May 18
    Last edited by Eric; 04-18-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Boondock

Update: Whoops, somehow I skipped a couple weeks. Re-added "Battleship" (with poster), "MIB 3" (with poster) and "Moonrise Kingdom" (with poster)
    Update: "Rock of Ages" release date changed from June 1st to June 15th
    Update: Changed name (from "I Hate You Dad") and added poster for "That's My Boy"
    Boondock

Update: "Jack The Giant Killer" moved to 22 March 2013
    Update: "Ted" moved to June 29th
    Last edited by Eric; 05-30-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    Boondock

*gasp*

Update: "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" moved to March 29th, 2013

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/rea...elay-revealed/

( Click to show/hide )
    Well, apparently one of the bigger complaints from the focus group screenings was a plot point that was hinted at, and made pretty clear in the trailers: Channing Tatum's character Duke was going to be killed in the beginning of the film. Apparently audiences really liked the rapport between Roadblock (Johnson) and Duke, and had the rug swept out from under them when Tatum was killed off. The studio wasn't planning on Tatum becoming a bigger deal this year with 21 Jump Street and The Vow exceeding expectations. Now new scenes are being filmed that will likely make Duke a much more prominent character and survive the sequel, at least past the first ten minutes this time.
    Boondock

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    *gasp*

Update: "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" moved to March 29th, 2013

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/rea...elay-revealed/

( Click to show/hide )
    Well, apparently one of the bigger complaints from the focus group screenings was a plot point that was hinted at, and made pretty clear in the trailers: Channing Tatum's character Duke was going to be killed in the beginning of the film. Apparently audiences really liked the rapport between Roadblock (Johnson) and Duke, and had the rug swept out from under them when Tatum was killed off. The studio wasn't planning on Tatum becoming a bigger deal this year with 21 Jump Street and The Vow exceeding expectations. Now new scenes are being filmed that will likely make Duke a much more prominent character and survive the sequel, at least past the first ten minutes this time.
    For exclusive storyboard content ...

( Click to show/hide )