Thread: The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

Default The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

So, I think it is appropriate that one of the first reviews is for the sequel to Boondock Saints since Boon is the main movie reviewer.

I found the sequel less than spectacular. Decent action, but outside of that, I found the rest rather bland or cheesy.

Worth a rent on Netflix when it hits there, but not sure if a $10.00 movie ticket was worth it.

2.5/5 for me.

Oh shit. This will not end well.

Talking

Meh, I wasn't all that encouraged about a sequel to be perfectly honest with you.

I really enjoyed The Boondock Saints but the expectations were too high for the sequel, the whole slow-motion Tarantino-like shooting sequences have long since been done to death, and part of the reason (most of us) liked the original was because it was an underground, unknown, indie, cult movie. At least when I found it that's what it was. The sequel took too long to get made, got canceled and restarted too many times, Duffy got pretentious (or was he always?), and as a whole I'm not rushing out to see it. Then again I don't think it opened anywhere but on the coasts, and I only get to see a couple movies in the theater per year anyway and I reserve those for big budget popcorn flicks.

Will I see it on DVD? Sure, and will probably be disappointed, because as much as I want to continue my love for the original, my taste in movies has evolved/matured just as I have. I loved the original because it was my kind of movie at that stage in my life. Now when people ask me what my favorite movie is I have a hard time saying that The Boondock Saints is my favorite because I enjoyed movies like the LOTR trilogy, the new Star Trek, etc. because they're actually good movies as well as being entertaining as hell.

Anyway, sorry for the boring response but as much as I wanted to be like omg BDS II yay, part of me was like "Great...this movie is going to embarrass the original and those of us who stood by it for so long..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Anyway, sorry for the boring response but as much as I wanted to be like omg BDS II yay, part of me was like "Great...this movie is going to embarrass the original and those of us who stood by it for so long..."

Perfect representation of my expectations going into the movie. That said, it wasn't as awful as what I had figured it would be.

First one sucked. You=newb.