Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 - Year in Review

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I missed A LOT of movies this year. Will catch up on a ton this winter. We did go to "We bought a Zoo" last weekend (yes, Michelle got to pick). It was decent but it's a pretty sad movie with Michelle crying no less then three times....
    How many times did you cry?

I actually felt like I hadn't seen many movies at all but I've been catching up lately. The new TV I got has a USB drive that lets me watch AVI and MP4 movies directly off of it, it is awesome. I never knew something like that existed and now I can't believe I've gone so long without it!

Movies I've seen so far:
    1. Cowboys & Aliens: Terrible, slow-moving, effects were decent, cast was awesome and the only saving grace of the movie. I actually didn't finish watching this, I got about 1.5 hours in to it and there was still no clear path to resolution and I just said screw it. Went to bed and have no desire to pick up where i left off.

2. Green Lantern: I went into this with super low expectations due to all the negative feedback and was actually pleasantly surprised. The effects were good, the cast was decent (I'm not a Ryan Reynolds fan), the story was good. The thing that held this one back was just poor editing and cinematography. For example,
    ( Click to show/hide )
    there is a whole section of the movie that is about 5 minutes where it shows Hal Jordan as a kid witnessing his Dad die in a horrific plane accident. Then they cut to the future and Hal is a grown-up and doing the same job that his Dad died doing. Apart from the obvious WTF of that, they then cut to a scene where Hal is doing a test flight. He has a panic moment and they basically replay the whole scene from his childhood as a flashback cut in with him panicking in the cockpit. Them doing that flashback meant to show the Hal as a kid scene at all was a total waste of time. Just poor filmaking.

3. Horrible Bosses: This was pretty funny. I was happy to see Charlie Day get so much hype from his role. He's the funniest guy on Always Sunny and he deserves some movie love. The casting of this movie was pretty awesome too. They could have improved the whole thing and still been hilarious.

4. Your Highness: This movie was awesome. It is one of those movies you need to see a second time to appreciate it though. I watched it on a plane the first time and was not impressed. Then Arda wanted to watch it so i watched it again, even as I told her it was going to suck and she shouldn't waste her time. We watched it and both loved it. I've probably seen it 5-10 times since then.

I saw some other movies but don't have time to post more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    lmao... you READ twilight...... :eek

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    ...Yes, I know how gay that makes me Joe.
    Yes, yes I did!
    Boondock

When are you two getting matching Team Jacob tattoos?

Monica was trying to get me to read Twilight and I said HELL NO.

Why pussyfoot around with Twilight, just go full blown womans trashy fabio romance novels from now on...