Thread: Glyde.com

Default Glyde.com

Not sure if anyone has heard of this or not but I recently read an article about the best places to trade in used items and Glyde was listed as the 2nd best place. That article is here: http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...172612389.html

Here is another article on trading in: http://lifehacker.com/5857391/the-be...ving-the-house

I did a test run and sold my copy of Madden 12 for Xbox since my Xbox has started stalling and I have no plans of buying a new one this close to the end of the product cycle. It's similar to Ebay in that you are selling direct to other users but it is a lot easier to list and the part I liked the most, they give you a shipping envelope so you just pop the game in and drop it at a mailbox and you're done. For me personally, the only reason I'm not more active on ebay is that I just don't have time to send out items, especially if I'm selling something for under 10 bucks it just isn't worth my time.

After listing I was a little worried because I thought the site might not have enough traffic to sell my item in a timely fashion. My worries increased when I got an e-mail saying the market for Madden had changed and they suggested I drop my price from 27 to 25. I checked prices on Amazon and Gamestop for trade in and they were right around 20 bucks, so I figured ok what the hell I'll lower to 25. After lowering my item sold near instantly and after the fees I'll net a little over 20 bucks. I'm currently waiting for an envelope to ship it in.

Listing the item took under 20 seconds too which was the real benefit to me, it was seemless.

They also buy used electronics like tablets and smartphones. I am about to list my used iPhone 3GS for $145, everywhere else I looked was offering $100-115. And that's with a few scratches on mine.

I have a library of about 100 DVDs that I will most likely never watch again that I am planning to sell here as well. I am happy to finally get rid of a lot of TV show box sets. I have 4 seasons of 24 I will never watch again.

Amazon.com has a good trade-in platform as well with competitive prices. They will pay for shipping too, but you have to handle packaging.

Oh and if you use it and list me as who referred you, I think I get $20 if I refer 5 people. I use RJR1980@gmail.com for my account.