Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left for Dead 2

Default Left for Dead 2

Great game. I can't play the zombies for shit tho. Steam also.

Just got it. Anyone who is playing it add me to their Steam friends using my e-mail: lukemartin2@gmail.com

This game is WAY fun.

I thought about getting LFD2, but I never really got into the first one.

It was fun the first few times I played multiplayer, but the game is SOOOO repeatative.

It's repeatative for sure just like the first. But there are several new modes and the zombies have additional abilities etc. I am not sure it was worth the $50 as it was so close to the first one. They should have given out a coupon to owners of the first for 50% off.

Should of pre-ordered, I paid $34.99

How is it anymore repetitive than the bazillion FPS War games out there?

My only problem with it is it seems the vast majority of random players just suck.... This game requires team work and a good awareness of whats going on around you and sticking together...

The new infected are cool, but it has made playing infected harder because you can no longer anticipate what your combo of infected might be...

I really like the scavenge mode..

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post

I really like the scavenge mode..
    How does that mode work? So many modes I get confused

Yahtzee's review on Zero Punctuation was quite hilarious.

Dammit...yet another game to add to the f'ing queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    How does that mode work? So many modes I get confused

The new 4vs4 mode. You need to fill the gas tank on a generator or the superbird (Dodge). 16 possible cans, with a countdown timer. Each can is worth like 20 seconds.. Most cans or quickest time wins a round. Single games/best of 3/best of 5.

There is also a scavenge event at the superbird in the mall on the first campaign. They make you collect 13 cans to fill up the superbird to finish the event.

Default Ending

I watched Luke play the end of the single player campaign ... that single portion of game makes the whole thing totally worth it. I want to buy my own copy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Naya View Post
    I watched Luke play the end of the single player campaign ... that single portion of game makes the whole thing totally worth it. I want to buy my own copy now.
    She watched me play the end of the second chapter where you have to start the concert to signal the helicopter. I cannot express how fun that part of the game was. In case you didn't realize, there is a crate of fireworks across from the front of the stage that you can grab boxes of fireworks out of and tactically place them around the stage. There is also a bunch of gas cans somewhere (they spawn in a different spot each time i think). You can place those near the fireworks. Then when zombies start running towards those areas, you shoot the gas can, which also explodes the firework box, and you have an area of massive zombie death.

SOOOO much fun. I give this game an A+, 5/5, two thumbs up, etc.

ps. the AK with a lazer scope pwns, and SCREW the grenade launcher... it sucks... half the time one of your allies runs infront of you right when you pull the trigger and you blow him and yourself up.