Thread: Vizio

Oldschool NC

Default Vizio

I have a Vizio 32" lcd that we bought new 2-3-2010 for our kitchen at the end of our remodel project. Loved the TV, great picture and a nice clean unit. Well, that being said it went out the day we left for lake vermilion on July 1st. I didn't get to deal with it until we got back.

It turns out Vizio only has a 1 year warranty. I am currently negotiating with their customer service over how this will be handled. I am cautiously optimistic as my case has been, "escalated" and I am now dealing with the upper levels of customer service. I will update this thread on how it goes.

Oldschool NC

Final verdict is in...

They quickly called me back yesterday. Their techs determined from the pictures that I sent them that my TV is unrepairable. This is a good thing otherwise I propbably would have had to shell out 70 to 80 bucks for a repair shop to say the same thing.

They are offering me a slightly newer model for $165.00 shipped to my house. This by all means doesn't take the sting out of a tv failing in under 2 years but in the grand scheme of things I guess is fair. Lke Scott said, "where else are you going to get a 32" 1080p TV for $165? Godd point Scott.

One good thing, the newer model has built in wifi. I'm not sure what I can do with wifi but seems interesting enough. I will update when I actually get the TV

The built-in wifi usually comes packaged with programs on the TV like Netflix and other similar applications. Might be useful if the TV is in your kitchen and doesn't have room for all the cable boxes and what not you need to normally stream Netflix.

At least they took care of you out of warranty. A lot of companies are not doing that these days.

I have a Maytag washer purchased on 1/3/08 that is having some serious electronic issues. It's a large top loader high efficiency model that has been great BUT when you start a load it errors 2-3 times resulting in you having to stand there for maybe 2 minutes and hitting cancel then start. Annoying but it gets worse - when it gets down to 21 minutes remaining it stops and beeps with a error code (also can do this a couple times a load). It will beep every few seconds forever not just 3 times like the error at the start. This pretty much means you can't start a load and go to bed because it will be beeping all night. So we have been putting up with it for a few months and then Maytag sends me a letter the other day saying "sign up for an extended warranty". So I have called and paid $89 for one year of coverage starting Sept 1. Sep 2nd I am calling to get it fixed/replaced.