Thread: Laptop Question

Default Laptop Question

I was looking into getting a laptop with an HDMI out so I could watch Zediva on my big screen along with anything else I may download. It is annoying to stream stuff over wifi to my ps3 because there are like 10,000 signals interfering with it in my building.

So I wanted to know if the graphics card in the laptop will have any impact on the quality of the videos I play. I would like to be able to watch videos in HD if I download them in that format.

The laptop I was looking at was this one: http://www.amazon.com/A53U-XE1-15-6-.../ref=de_a_smtd

I'm not looking to spend a lot of money as my laptop will really only be used for playing movies on my TV and the occasional gaming while on vacation.

I would actually say no to your question. I have a decent netbook (11Z) with HDMI out and it does a great job at delivering 1080p to my big screen. But of course if you want it for gaming at all get the upgraded vcard.

The gaming part is just a small footnote. Sadly the laptop I linked is a lot better than my current laptop that has a Pentium t2500 2.00ghz processor, 2gb ram, and a 70 gb harddrive.

you laptop video card doesn't matter but you do want a "good" laptop for this. I use my laptop to watch alot of netflix on my TV. when i hooked up my friends shitty laptop to show him how it looks, his was much more choppy and had issues with black backgrounds.

My laptop has a digital display port which I have to adapt to HDMI use through an adapter cable. It works great as an out, but the problem is it's not backwards compatible (i.e. receiving a signal from an HDMI out to the Digital Display port will not work).
    4 THE MARE!