Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern Warfare 2

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Ah, my bad, I had $69.99 in my head for some reason, still, 59 is a premium game price...
    Agreed. I can't believe they charge that for almost every new game these days.

I don't regret buying it. It's still worth it for the awesome matches you get into. There are more good matches than bad.

I think I have gotten my $60 worth and I haven't even finished the single player stuff yet.

I've played it on xbox, I know its fun and I think the spec-ops co-op is damn cool.. Just putting my $ where my mouth is, and not supporting games/developers that choose to further marginalize PC gamers..

Yea spec ops co-op is really tight. Co-op campaign would be even better! I totally agree with Kyr too in that you really get into wayyyy more good games than bad. And yes i rape people so I like the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    It was $59 but who's counting. I agree the bots are probably what will make EA change the PC multi player server deal. Probably put a voting option in over dedicated servers.
    I was actually very surpised the first time I ran into a hacker on MWF2. Granted it didn't take long after getting the game, it was Steam that suprised me.

The company has such a great reputation with keeping hackers off their games. I was shocked to find out that Activision and Steam didn't work together to prevent this kind of thing from happening. I find it hard to believe they didn't see this coming when there are no dedicated servers.

I'm sure they are taking measures to get rid of the hackers as I haven't run into any lately. But people always find a way to cheese the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    Ah, my bad, I had $69.99 in my head for some reason, still, 59 is a premium game price...
    Considering the game came with a full multiplayer game with huge replay value, a great single player with 4 modes and collection items to get, as well as a completely new type of game, "Special Ops", which is unlocked after completing the main story line. If anything, this Call of Duty game has the most content and has teh best value for what you get. I certainly can't complain.

No where near those douche bags that run that crappy game Socom 2. The game was released months early, filled with bugs, few maps and really just a piece of shit.

So far the only thing I dislike about MWF2 are the hackers and the Host switches in the middle of games. Granted it only lasts about 10 seconds, it can really fuck you up.

TheGanja - Steam ID.

I haven't run into a hacker for a few days now - maybe they fixed it or something? I notice Steam gets updated about once a day now.

I mostly play domination but it does suck to be limited to 10 players. I prefer larger maps with tons of people. Isn't it 20ppl limit on console?

Pretty sure console has the same amount, at least PS3 does.

I prefer Ground War type games myself as well. The maps are pretty big, not enough people on team deathmatch alone!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I mostly play domination but it does suck to be limited to 10 players. I prefer larger maps with tons of people. Isn't it 20ppl limit on console?

Exactly, and as a bonus there's gotta be all types of lag compensation built in for shitty server bandwidth (just like console's)...

fail game fails...

Joe and I played the Coop 2player stuff this weekend. Really cool missions. Some are extremely hard and you need to coordinate everything while some are simple. I recommend everyone that jumped straight to multiplayer go back and take a look at the spec ops.