Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Last night was the first time there was a bit of off-roading compared to the book. I guess they needed to make up some scenes and compress some content. Good episode.

Next week HBO is offering episode 7 a week early if you have signed up for HBOGO. Pretty cool as I will be out of town the weekend it airs. HBOGO is pretty cool but you gotta sign into your cable providers website then HBOGO and its kinda strange but once you get it working its AWESOME. Every HBO episode ever is on there (the wire etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Last night was the first time there was a bit of off-roading compared to the book. I guess they needed to make up some scenes and compress some content. Good episode.

Next week HBO is offering episode 7 a week early if you have signed up for HBOGO. Pretty cool as I will be out of town the weekend it airs. HBOGO is pretty cool but you gotta sign into your cable providers website then HBOGO and its kinda strange but once you get it working its AWESOME. Every HBO episode ever is on there (the wire etc).
    Sneak preview from next weeks show about the imp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII

Try ice films. They have the largest collection of new shows/movies of any site that hasnt already been taken down by the gov.

I don't remember where I found my torrents, but wherever it was, Comcast was watching for torrents from that site (at least, that's how I assume they figured it out) and we got dinged for copyright infringement. But as far as we can tell in the email, it was just a warning.

Does anybody know what torrent websites Comsuck monitors? And if that's not how they determined this, how were they able to tell?

Naya I use Demonoid and have never had an issue (/knockonwood). Maybe that's because Verizon isn't trying to muscle into Entertainment yet like Comcast is.

I think I have enough torrent cred to refer an account if you want it. If not you can just use mine as long as you don't jew my ratio!

Naya for the record how did you get caught? I have used almost every torrent site at home and work (both Comcast) and never got a letter.

I have absolutely no idea how I got caught. I did a bunch of google searching for "Game of Throne Season 1 torrents" and dug pretty far into the results to find sites that looked benign enough that I wouldn't get some kind of virus in the process. I don't remember what website I downloaded the torrents from. I loaded the torrents in to Vuze (formerly Azureus) and a scant 3 hours later, had the first four episodes on my computer.

Luke later received 4 emails (within a week maybe), one for each file downloaded, from Comcast, talking about copyright infringement and all the legal BS surrounding the issue. It also stated that this was only a warning but if it happens again they'll cancel our service and slap us with a fine (not sure of the dollar amount, I don't think it was included. I didn't read the email, Luke read it to me).

Anyway, it just sounds like Comcast is starting to monitor for this shit and they have a really great way of doing it because they hit the nail on the head in terms of what I downloaded and how I downloaded it. Just not from where. I do remember going to Pirate Bay's website (which I'm not sure how it's still operating) and reading comments on the torrents for these episodes. Several people with Comcast noted that if you download the torrents, you'll be emailed warnings about copyright infringement. So I'm unsure if it was the downloading of the torrent file or the downloading of the episode file using the torrent itself that Comcast detected. I do know I avoided downloading from Pirate Bay because of all the trouble they've gotten into in the past.

Edit: Klaus, do you check your @comcast.com email account? That's the only way they can contact you (if they don't have an alternate email address to reach you at) for internet use issues. They made no other attempt to contact Luke, just sent 4 emails to his @comcast.com email account. If you haven't checked yours, you may have several emails waiting :P

Kyr, do you leave your torrents available for uploading to keep that credibility up? I usually don't do that, I'm a complete stealer when it comes to torrents. I never leave anything out for upload. I'm going to stay away from downloading torrents for a while; lay low until the Comcast-Fuzz forget I did anything wrong to begin with.
    Last edited by Naya; 05-19-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks for the reply. I have my comcast.net email forwarded to my gmail and I haven't gotten anything BUT I have HBO and didn't download Game of Thrones. I always read the comments in the torrents before I download anything.... I have seen the warnings by some posters and try to steer clear on those. I remember when I downloaded some Showtime show a couple years ago there were many warnings about people getting letters from Comcast but I never saw anything.

I am enjoying this show a lot. I think it's good.

You sure they aired episode 7? No sign of a legit tor for it...