Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Hahahaha!! That is fucking awesome Klaus! I'm going to send that to my wife too, she'll love it.
    The artist formely known as Keion

lol that is really funny
    Boondock

Thumbs up

Just gets better and better....

They are starting to go a little too far with their creative license in the adaptation. The first season had some things left out and compressed but for the most part followed the first book exactly. It was more true to the book than movies and TV usually is..

But season 2 is only loosely following the books. There are characters they have made up, LOTS of events they have combined, and now they are making up a lot of story lines that were not in the books at all. They are going so far with it that they are making big changes to character developing events and cause and effect actions by characters on other characters motivations...

The cool thing about the books is that you could really understand what motivates characters to be who they are and do certain things. Some of that is being lost in the show as of the last few episodes.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Also, they need to ditch the wigs for the most part, especially the two queens' wigs, are terrible. At least lighten up your eyebrows if you are supposed to be a blond person. I think the industry has yet to realize how bad things can look in HD...
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

I'm glad I haven't read the books.. Thoroughly enjoy it, and love that I don't have to compare and have no expectations... Just like The Walking Dead.

Maybe someday after its over I will to give me more details..

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    They are starting to go a little too far with their creative license in the adaptation. The first season had some things left out and compressed but for the most part followed the first book exactly. It was more true to the book than movies and TV usually is..

But season 2 is only loosely following the books. There are characters they have made up, LOTS of events they have combined, and now they are making up a lot of story lines that were not in the books at all. They are going so far with it that they are making big changes to character developing events and cause and effect actions by characters on other characters motivations...

The cool thing about the books is that you could really understand what motivates characters to be who they are and do certain things. Some of that is being lost in the show as of the last few episodes.
    I haven't read the books but I've read enough about what happens due to my impatience and wikipedia addiction. I realized they would have to alter a lot of things to fit such massive books into 10 1-hr episodes but then an episode like last night's pisses me off. Did anyone else think it was like 75% filler? If you have to change the story to fit it all in, you don't get to do filler!

Still a good episode though. I'll take a filler episode of GoT over just about anything else on TV. Except Breaking Bad.

You should read the books IMO. There are differences but I still like the series and books. Kinda keeps you interested to see how they will get back in sync with the books for the major plot points.

Battle of Blackwater is next week I think - yay!