Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillian View Post
    Also The Golden Child is probably the 2nd best Eddie Murphy movie ever. So many quotes!

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-want-the-knife....

Please....

lol

GoT, just the badass parts, in gifs

http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/2011/0...you-die#page/1

Stand was epic.. i've read it probably 5 times.

I've been taking forever to read it. I can't read more than a chapter without falling asleep. Now I got my CFP study books so I don't know if I'll be able to finish

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post

I love that they are not afraid to kill off main characters..
    Holy shit, they took this theme to a new level... I'm just in shock over last nights ending.. Love it/hate it at the same time... Will definitely miss such a great character in the story line, but I love that no one is safe from being killed off, not even the "main" players... Part of the shock is you just get so used to the characters that are liked in movies/shows/books not dying... Its weird that something so simple, such a basic fact of life, makes GoT so much better (and is ignored in the majority of other entertainment)..

One episode left.... Overall its better than I'd hoped it would be after seeing the first episode..

I love the show and even though I didn't read the books, I knew what was going to happen just from researching characters. It was still pretty crazy the way it went down.

This was the first episode that I think really showed the budget/time constraints of a first year show. Although this show was approved for a fairly high budget, it seems they wanted to spend that more on CGI landscape shots than actual actors/settings. I really felt cheated that we got to see none of the battles at Tywin Lannister's camp or how Robb captured Jaime. I think Jaime is one of the more interesting people to see on the show and I definitely wanted to see him cut down 10 men before being captured.

I saw a good review that said how the show is starting to feel rushed now when earlier in the season they had the time to let King Robert do a 20 minute monologue on his first kill. I enjoyed that scene, but would gladly give it back to see how Jaime gets captured!

/agreed, its pretty weak to skip over the whole capture of Jaime, and the whole diversion battle/main battle plan that Rob executed.

I agree with the skipping of battles BUT in the book they skip that battle also. Just mentioned that Jaime was making a beeline for Robb killing everyone in his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillian View Post
    Although this show was approved for a fairly high budget, it seems they wanted to spend that more on CGI landscape shots than actual actors/settings. !
    My guess would be that its not the limited CGI shots that are eating up budget, but location shooting, cast, extras, and especially wardrobe/settings expense... Shows like this, some form of period piece with a fairly high level of attention to little details, just burn money..
    Like Deadwood and Rome, they are way more expensive than other shows that can more easily incorporate contemporary styles & items to fill a scene.. Like with minimal changes there is not much difference between a 3 button single-breast mens dress suit from 1940 or from 1999... This shows settings and look are pretty amazing... I know they even picked different locations after the pilot, but are still filming in Ireland (most of the westeros scenes) & somewhere in Europe (the Dothraki stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I agree with the skipping of battles BUT in the book they skip that battle also. Just mentioned that Jaime was making a beeline for Robb killing everyone in his way.

Are you far enough in the books to know, are their any great battles that are described? Or maybe its part of his schtick? (meaning = focusing on the players and the politics?)

Not sure yet most are described in similar non-detail BUT the battle where Tyrion leads the hill people after being told to by Tywin was described in some detail so I did feel cheated last week when he was knocked out before the fighting....