Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

He just looks different covered in shit..

Oldschool NC

It sure looks like a different actor when he is on the road with that big warrior bitch in the very last episode. Maybe it's just me.

That was one big ass green flame ball...

lol

There are a lot that wasn't in the book and a lot they haven't put in that I think is very needed. Mostly the Reeds kids. I think the season is still really good though. The kid that plays Joffrey is so good. I love to hate him. I think the series has really good actors all around though. I pictured Brienne with longer hair but other then that she is exactly how I thought she would be.

I liked Blackwater. They did a really good job of not completely cheesing out on the battle (I guess the first draft had everything taking place in the queens church with reports from battle coming in so they didn't need to show the battle. They asked for more money from HBO and were able to film the battle). They simplified the battle a bit. Not really a spoiler from the book but I will hide it anyway:

( Click to show/hide )

In the book Tyrion actually constructed a huge chain that stretched all the way across the river that was raised after all the ships were in the harbor - cutting off escape. The wildfire was launched and all the ships formed a burning bridge stuck on the chain. Wish they had worked that into the screen version.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I liked Blackwater. They did a really good job of not completely cheesing out on the battle (I guess the first draft had everything taking place in the queens church with reports from battle coming in so they didn't need to show the battle. They asked for more money from HBO and were able to film the battle). They simplified the battle a bit. Not really a spoiler from the book but I will hide it anyway:

( Click to show/hide )

In the book Tyrion actually constructed a huge chain that stretched all the way across the river that was raised after all the ships were in the harbor - cutting off escape. The wildfire was launched and all the ships formed a burning bridge stuck on the chain. Wish they had worked that into the screen version.
    I read about how they were originally planning to do the battle cheap with updates going to the Queen's room. That would have been a series ruiner imo. This season was good but I don't think it had as much action/tension as last year. Without that battle it really would have been a disappointment.

I think the next episode should be really good if they end it where I think they will. The next book was my fav so next season should be really good. The story line on/over the wall gets really good and the stuff in Kings Landing is pretty awesome as well.

I re-watched Blackwater last night and really liked the dialog - a lot of it wasn't from the book but I understand Martin wrote it so that's a pretty cool 2nd angle.

Holy lord this 2nd season is fantastic. I didn't expect it to be this good...it's blowing me away.

Here's some awesomeness: Roy Dotrice was the voice behind the audiobooks, which is how I've "read" Game of Thrones beyond book 1. Awesome reader, and the guy's life story is actually quite amazing:

• Fought in World War II in the RAF
    • Spent 4 years in a German POW camp
    • 50 year veteran of stage & screen, with Guiness Book of Records for greatest number of solo performances by an actor in a play (1,782 performances)
    • Met George R.R. Martin in 1988 while working on "Beauty and the Beast" TV series, GRRM was a writer.
    • Voiced all the audiobooks for Game of Thrones other than book 4 (another Guiness Record for "largest number of characters voiced in an audiobook") and I'll say, as someone who's listened to them all, he's incredible.
    • How about this: he actually couldn't read the 4th book due to conflicts and the demand was so high for him that he re-recorded book 4 in 2011.
    • Was originally hired to play Grand Maester Pycelle but due to health reasons he had to step aside and instead he was called out as "Guest Starring Roy Dotrice" in the latest episode, as he played Hallyne, head of the Alchemists' Guild.

2 things:

( Click to show/hide )

1. Last week's episode when they were talking about wildfire and Tyrion says "Piss on wildifre and your cock burns off" and Hallyne says "I have never conducted that expirement" was hilarious.
    2. When the wildfire blows up in the harbor...that was really friggin awesome. Yes, it was changed from the book but still one of the best parts of the entire series IMO.

TY for the gif Joe
    Last edited by Eric; 06-03-2012 at 04:31 AM.
    Boondock