Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

I just think in both cases, so far, they made two great storylines bad...
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Also it appears there was a promo mistake last night because there are 3 episodes left this season (last night was ep7). No Blackwater until 9.

Anyone else notice "The Mountain" is played by a different actor this year?

At first I just thought he lost weight... but looked on the GoT wiki and the guy who played it last year got a big part in "The Hobbit" and was recast... The guy playing him now is who was in the White Walker suit at the beginning of ep. 1..

One thing I thought after seeing the episode:
    ( Click to show/hide )
    At first I was like wow this Jon Snow story is such filler and it was lame how they left it with him surrounded. Then I was thinking for the people who don't know what is going to happen, that is legit suspense. The show has proven that any character can be killed at any time, so people must really be thinking NO NOT JON SNOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillian View Post
    One thing I thought after seeing the episode:
    ( Click to show/hide )
    At first I was like wow this Jon Snow story is such filler and it was lame how they left it with him surrounded. Then I was thinking for the people who don't know what is going to happen, that is legit suspense. The show has proven that any character can be killed at any time, so people must really be thinking NO NOT JON SNOW!
    ( Click to show/hide )
    The big issue with the plot change here is in the situation as depicted at the end of the latest HBO episode. It appears that he will go over to the wildling band in order to avoid being killed by them. In the book the most important aspect of why he went over to them was his clear command from the halfhand to do so in order to spy on them. I can't see the character Jon Snow as described in the books going over to the wildlings just to save his own skin, even if he intended to get away later. I just dont think Martin would have written him that way ever.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

( Click to show/hide )
    The theory I have seen is that halfhand is already captured by the wildlings and the story will play out just like the book and he will say the famous line "is your sword sharp" blah blah before commanding Jon to kill him

( Click to show/hide )
    Ok that might work to bring it back in line with the book's plot but it still changes one important thing in my mind. In the book he immediately lets Yigrette go and it makes sense that because he spares here life and lets her go she then see's him as kind and merciful, falls for him etc. Im not sure just the act of not killing her immediately, but keeping her captive would have the same effect. The wildlings hate the night's watch and kill any of them on site basically, so for him to even have a chance at being spared and the opportunity to "defect" i think he would have had to let her go right away as he did in the book.
    Last edited by Chadwick; 05-16-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

( Click to show/hide )

Hordor

Hodor
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Oldschool NC

Did I miss something or is there a new Jamie Lanister actor?