Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
I liked Blackwater. They did a really good job of not completely cheesing out on the battle (I guess the first draft had everything taking place in the queens church with reports from battle coming in so they didn't need to show the battle. They asked for more money from HBO and were able to film the battle). They simplified the battle a bit. Not really a spoiler from the book but I will hide it anyway:

( Click to show/hide )

In the book Tyrion actually constructed a huge chain that stretched all the way across the river that was raised after all the ships were in the harbor - cutting off escape. The wildfire was launched and all the ships formed a burning bridge stuck on the chain. Wish they had worked that into the screen version.
I read about how they were originally planning to do the battle cheap with updates going to the Queen's room. That would have been a series ruiner imo. This season was good but I don't think it had as much action/tension as last year. Without that battle it really would have been a disappointment.