Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Libya

Default Libya

Why the fuck did we get involved at all? And Obama did so using an executive order, which bypassed congress... something at least Bush did not do with the Iraq invasion. That is not supposed to be done unless there is an imminent threat or in response to an attack on the nation.

We should just let them kill each other and sort it out themselves. I do not understand our involvement in this conflict at all.

I liked this post on Twitter:

Drudge_Report Drudge Report

WHAT WAR? Senators call on APPLE to remove DUI checkpoint apps...

http://drudge.tw/gJIjgE

Sounds like it's going well so far....

Tensions with Britain as Gates rebukes UK government over suggestion Gaddafi could be assassinated

French propose a new political 'committee' to oversee operations

Germany pulls equipment out of NATO coalition over disagreement over campaign's direction
    Italians accuse French of backing NATO in exchange for oil contracts

No-fly zone called into question after first wave of strikes 'neutralises' Libyan military machine

U.K. ministers say war could last '30 years'

Italy to 'take back control' of bases used by allies unless NATO leadership put in charge of the mission

Russians tell U.S. to stop bombing in order to protect civilians - calls bombing a 'crusade'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1HRGOB6Wu

ooooh, conflict within NATO, and BTW Obamy flipped a script on washington, good luck on antoher 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Trany View Post
    ooooh, conflict within NATO, and BTW Obamy flipped a script on washington, good luck on antoher 4 years.
    IMO Obama gets re-elected. Americans are too worried about being considered racist to let the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT only serve 1 term.

That's why I think Pawlenty should wait until 2016. He'll win then...he runs in 2012 he'll get beat. Let Bachman run in 2012...the teabaggers will be foaming at the mouth by 2016.

Yeah, there may not be much left to fix in 2016 if he gets re-elected...
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

This explains quite a bit:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42245106...ew_york_times/

I guess the Libyan army could be seen as a corporate funded mercenary group, which we are ending up just having to bomb in the end.

Ridiculous.

Now there are talks of providing weapons to the "Rebels". What the fuck? Seriously, that should not even be a topic of discussion. Haven't we learned anything? For one, I guarantee you a good portion of those weapons after use in this conflict will end up in the hands of terrorist group members, if there aren't terrorists among the Rebels already..

I can't believe we are buying into this bullshit. I couldn't have thought up a better plan myself if I was in the terrorists' shoes: incite revolutions to overthrow these governments, which are viewed as tyrannical dictatorships (which may be true), and put yourself in a position to be covertly involved in a new government.

Getting involved in this at all was a mistake. Hopefully that mistake isn't inflated by getting more involved.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42679393...deastn_africa/

You have got to be fucking kidding me... this is an outrage.