Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting arrest

Default Interesting arrest

I see both sides of this one. But the black cop went a bit far especially after a crowd gathers. Someone is always going to be taping.

Oldschool NC

One guy says to her, "hey, you better run". That's funny, guess she should have.

It looks like before she was struck she tried to grab either the cop or his asp. Either one is a BIG NO-NO. Also, after she is struck a few times and backed off, she again advances TOWARDS the cop before she is maced. Agagin, a BIG NO-NO. Also, we can't hear anything she or the cop said and this is important related to the force used.

This type of video is exactly why I don't like using an ASP. By watching the video you can see just how ineffective they really are. Also, in today's age, hitting someone with a metal stick is the last thing I want to be seen doing on video right or wrong.

I'm with him till he drops her on her face to cuff her by yanking up on her belt, at that point she is no threat, and cracking her skull on the pavement for no reason is the kinda shit that kills people, or worse... Head injuries = not fucking cool...

I agree with Joe on this one. I didn't hear the audio but that drop looks pretty un-necessary. Again why do that when you know a camera is rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I agree with Joe on this one. I didn't hear the audio but that drop looks pretty un-necessary. Again why do that when you know a camera is rolling.
    wwwwwwhat the camera was rolling.... I guess its life, I don't cock off to the fuzz, so I dont get the face/palm for the actions. did she deserve to get arrested? yes, did she deserve to get the face mace? yes, did she deserve to get cuffed? yes, I don't think the face to the pavement was necessary, but hopefully she gets a nice settlement for her hardship. I would guess she was a buck 40 he was around 2 bills and had the weight and height advantage, but a leg sweep and force to the pavement was a little unnecessary.

This guy is a beast. No problem with the arrest except for the baton to the head was hopefully a bad swing.

They just keep coming.... so many cell phones out there these days. Check this on out at a Ihop. Bonus points for the guy recording turning the phone the long way!!!

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/27682840/index.html

How do you haul off and deck a woman like that? Multiple times... Pathetic.
    The artist formely known as Keion

Oldschool NC

Are you kidding me? This one is not even close to excessive. That girl was physically resisting the officers efforts to deal someone else. She was doing this by grabbing at the officer. He slapped her to get her off him. She responded by punching the officer three times who, in turn, punched her back one time. Just so you guys know the police are trained to use a level of force HIGHER than that of the resistance being encountered. In other words, the police are not expected to fight "fair". They are trained to end the confrontation quickly and to respond with "reasonable" force. In no way was this force unreasonable.
    Last edited by MnWilly; 04-27-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Totally agree. You throw a punch at a cop like that you are basically saying OK hit me in the face and/or taze me.

If I was a white cop responding to a call at 3AM in Blackville, Georgia I'm punching everyone and keeping my gun handy. We don't have 24 hour ihops here.

I mean Blackville, Atlanta.
    Last edited by Kyrillian; 04-27-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Wrong state for Blackville