Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Yeah it worked, but I have WASD as the central keys on the pad so it was the default setting in game. Was able to remap to use the thumb stick to sprint/jump/crouch/prone.

Game needs a lot of work tho.. Really hurky-jerky for me.. Mostly just died..

Looks pretty tho..

Yeah, I need to get my fraps up and running with the FPS counter. I can't really tell if my vcard is a limitation currently. It seems ok but I am not shooting really well yet and that could be due to my fps dropping when I start firing. Mixed reviews when I look up Ati 5770 on the origin forums - half say it play with high setting - half say it's under the minimum......

Yeah I was planning on upgrading from my 4870 to this for this game...
    http://www.amazon.com/MSI-R6950-TWIN...=32Q5CNJDLSEA5

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I like it but same shit - you start shooting iron sights against guys with scopes and better guns.....

Don't be such a quitter and plow through to the other side, its not THAT hard...

I am not quitting I just only play for a bit each night. What's your ID Joe?

I got my game pad to work last night finally. It was my fault all along... Before I installed the beta I updated all the drivers including the G13 game pad driver. I didn't remember there was a trick when installing that driver - you need to "run as administrator" or once the driver is installed windows just ignores the key strokes.. Anyways, the game is much more playable for me now and I even went 10-10 in one game.

My video card is a different story. I got Fraps running on my G15 screen displaying the fps and it is quite disappointing. Set to high (for some reason it auto detected me at high) I get about 28 fps, lowering it to medium I get about 37 fps that drops to 30 in battles. So looks like I might pick up a sub $300 vcard. Joe you think the 6950 is the card to get?

Article

Battlefield 3 Beta: GPU benchmarks
    GPU power is everything: Although Battlefield 3 shines with excellent multicore scaling (inherited by Bad Company 2), the firefights on typical systems and resolutions are completely GPU-bound. You'll need a high-end graphics card for fluent gameplay in Full-HD with 4x MSAA, post effects and 16:1 AF.

Remarkable: Nvidia's drivers give their cards an edge over the competition. The Geforce GTX 570 outperforms the similar-priced Radeon HD 6970 by nine percent, even though the AMD card runs faster in our overall benchmark index. Upcoming drivers from AMD and Nvidia will push the framerates by time and maybe change the current placing.
    Last edited by Klaus; 09-29-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Well I cant really afford any of the decent 570's or 6970's, so I looked for high end overclocked 6950/560 and 2gb of RAM... I like that MSI twin frozr 6950., some report even being able to overclock it to 6970 specs.

I might just spend the $300 on a 570. I like to go back and forth between Ati and Nvidia.

I did pick up a GTX 570 (off brand) last night and I was able to double my FPS. A couple of quick tests:

1920x1200 all tests:
    BF3 Beta
    GTX 570 High Preset 60-70 fps outside 75-85 inside
    Ati 5770 High Preset 27-30 fps outside 30-40 inside

TF2
    GTX 570 all setting to max 230fps everywhere LOLOL

Glad I got really good results for the money. I remember last time I upgraded and only gained like 7 fps for $250... was nice to see a steady 60+ in Bf3. Nvidia did release beta drivers especially for BF3. They claim a 15% increase in frame rate over the normal driver.