Thread: Logitech

Default Logitech

I thought we needed a good review to offset Luke's battle with PNY.

I've been a Logitech user for sometime. I have the G15 and have used it for 4+ years, and I've always used an MX Revolution mouse. In the past I used other Logitech stuff and was always pleased.

The reason I am posting this is to let everyone know how awesome their warranty/return department is. I have a Logitech MX Revolution and recently the right scroll on the mouse wheel has stopped working correctly. Now I was quite angry when this happened because I've had this mouse a while and I was sure it wasn't under warranty anymore. I also remembered that at one point I filed a warranty claim and got a new mouse after I broke my previous one during a particularly disappointing wipe.

I search my e-mail for "Logitech" and find that almost 2 years ago exactly, I had submitted that claim and received a new mouse. So I took a shot and filed another claim, not believing I would get a new mouse.

At first I got the default e-mail with steps to try to fix it, I e-mailed back saying I tried all of those and they didn't work. Then I got an e-mail back saying that if those didn't work my mouse will qualify as defective and be eligible for replacement. They were sorry to inform me that they have discontinued the MX Revolution but could offer me the newer version, the Performance MX at no additional cost.

I was pretty pumped but then they said I had to mail in my defective one and then they would mail out my replacement in 7-10 business days. I told her the last time I did this they sent my replacement first and then I sent mine back. She said they no longer did that. I said I can't be without a mouse for that long as I work from home often. She was then able to get an exception so that they could send me the new mouse first

The woman I was dealing with was pleasant the whole time too and really helpful. I may see if they'll replace my G15, but I don't know if being uncleanably dirty is a grounds to call it defective.

To contrast how awesome Logitech has been, around the same time I submitted my ticket to them I also submitted one to Sennheiser because my head set that cost over $200 is now making an incredibly annoying buzzing sound when I speak. I got an instant auto-response from Sennheiser but have not heard anything since

Thumbs up

Lets see,

G15 KB
    G9 Mouse
    G13 Gamepad
    old school Wingman joystick
    Harmony Remote
    Ipod Dock speakers...

oh and 5.1 speakers and G35 headset...

I think every one I would give 5 stars.. and the mouse and keyboard are prob 4 & 5 yrs old respectively..

Yeah I have a G15 keyboard, MX 518 mouse, 5.1 speakers, and the headset that are all Logitech. The only problem I have is the Windows 7 software for the G15 keyboard that I downloaded from their website doesn't work right on my computer for some reason.

Otherwise, I love the logitech stuff. The speakers I just got recently and the sound quality is awesome.

Agreed. Great company with quality products. I have only had one item out of probably 20 not work properly (usb speakers Z10) but when I called support they offered to send me replacements after they received mine.

Only complaint is some of their stuff is too highly priced. I do however pick up 50-70% products from Logitech when they go on "damaged box" which usually means they just need to get rid of a few 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Yeah I have a G15 keyboard, MX 518 mouse, 5.1 speakers, and the headset that are all Logitech. The only problem I have is the Windows 7 software for the G15 keyboard that I downloaded from their website doesn't work right on my computer for some reason.

Otherwise, I love the logitech stuff. The speakers I just got recently and the sound quality is awesome.
    Make sure you do a clean install of the software (if you had an older version previously installed). I ran into the same problem, but now it works great.

My G15 software "apps" have been messed up for months.... reinstalled a couple times. At one time it worked great and I could send the correct app to the G13 or G15.

I didn't like the newer software, and had problems like Klaus, so I just installed the old version on a fresh install of Win7 and no problems, both versions are avail on the logitech site..

I installed the G15 software for Win7 immediately after a clean install of Win7 on my system, so there was nothing on there previosly. It sorta worked, but not correctly. I tried reinstalling by doing a complete uninstall and it gives me an error now when I try to install it again... no idea why.

I love the hardware, but Logitech does have pretty bad software support.