Thread: Motorola Atrix

Oldschool NC

Default Motorola Atrix

Went to the ATT store today. Got a free 3g micro cell for my house because the reception there has been shitty. I have actually been happy with ATT. I know there are SOME areas that Verizon is better with reception but everywhere I go I have had good luck with ATT.

I found out that even though I have not completed my two year agreement that I do qualify for best pricing on new phones. As an added bonus I can keep my current terms with a two year extention. This is good because I am under an unlimited data plan which is rare now. Seems like ATT is scared of verizon now with their iPhone rollout and they are going to do just about anything to keep you as a customer.

I have been happy with my iphone but I think I am willing to take off the training wheels now and move up to an android phone. ATT is rolling out the Atrix in mid-march. From what I can see it looks like quite the device. What is everyone's opinion here?

Looks like I can sell my iphone 3gs for about $200 on ebay and the initial price of the Atrix is $199.99.

NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core, front and rear cameras, 720p video capture.... it's probably the phone to beat this summer. I hear it's a hell of a phone but not that great of a computer (probably a good web browser at best with the dock/laptop accessory). I wish the specs of the iPhone 5 were known that would help make a decision easier.

The only thing I am unsure of on this phone is "motoblur" interface. It's basically a wrapper over the top of normal Android - every manufacturer has their own wrapper (Samsung = Touchwiz, HTC=Sense, etc) and I haven't used Motorola's yet. I might get a chance this week when our Verizon rep loans me a Droid X to try.

Smart phone that looks concise look so impressive. This time, Motorola was not kidding. Atrix 4G equiped with NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core and equipped with amenities sega. In the near future he will be operating at 4G network owned by AT & T.

What are the advantages? To make it different from the ranks of existing Android smartphone, Motorola provides a 4 inches of capacitive touch screen TFT 16 million colors with a resolution of 540 x 960, more sharply than the iPhone 4 and the BlackBerry Storm 3. And, he has supported the HD (high definition).
    In addition, he equped with hi-res camera that has ability of 5MP with aufotocus features and flash LED. And, the most interesting is the dock as a backrest that will appear along with his cell phone.
    Last edited by Klaus; 02-15-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Met with our company Verizon rep today. Looks like the Atrix on ATT and the Bionic on Verizon are going to be the top devices this year for sure. I will probably burn my upgrade on the Bionic in April when it's released. It's pretty much the same as the Atrix minus a couple of the bells and whistles....

According to Phone Arena ( LG Optimus 2X vs Motorola DROID BIONIC vs Atrix 4G: specs comparison - Phone Arena ) The difference between the DROID BIONIC and the AT&T Counterpart is:

Bionic will have 4.3 inch screen, Atrix will have 4.0.

Atrix has 1Ghz RAM (needed for the laptop dock, and from what I've heard the extra 512MB's of RAM can't be used except with the dock), Bionic has 512 MB's.

Both have nVdia Dual Core Tegra 2 processors.

Atrix has a finger print scanner, Bionic doesn't.

Bionic will have an 8MP camera, Atrix will have 5MP.

Both are made by Motorola.
    Also, I am testing a Droid X for the week with motoblur. It's actually not that bad at all - with a fast processor I don't notice any slowdown that UI wrappers sometimes create.

Bionic Fact Sheet

Atrix Fact Sheet

Last edited by Klaus; 02-16-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Radio Shack announced on its Facebook page that it will be selling the AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G for $149 when the handset goes on sale starting February 22nd. Unlike other retail outlets which require a mail-in rebate, Radio Shack’s prices do not include a rebate and are the final, out-the-door price that you will pay. This final cost is $50 less than the price offered by AT&T. The electronics retailer will also offer the accompanying laptop dock for a mere $329.99 when bundled with the phone. The complete package of phone and dock totals $479.99 which is a $20 discount from AT&T’s pricing.
    Last edited by Klaus; 02-18-2011 at 09:41 AM.

God help us, Stryder got one and hasn't stopped talking about it.

lol yeah that phone is pretty nice. I still think I might grab the Verizon version in a month when it comes out. Interested to hear Stryders take from a iPhone users perspective. The operating systems are quite different at first.

Also forgot to mention the Atrix got a 9/10 on Engadget.... I think that's the only phone except the iPhone 4 to get that rating.
    Last edited by Klaus; 03-03-2011 at 11:03 AM.