Thread: This computer look decent for a small business?

Default This computer look decent for a small business?

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/241180

We're looking at upgrading our computers. For a frame of reference, the computers we currently use are running Windows 98, have 256k of RAM, and I don't even know what processors they have. There may be a small person in there inputting the zeroes and ones.

From what I can tell, this computer looks like a pretty good deal. We don't do much on them. Everything we do is very minimal in terms of resources needed. I might get these and upgrade to 4GB of RAM for an extra $60. I'd like a better processor in hopes of them lasting us another 8 years or so, but for as little as we need them to do, the processors on these will probably suffice.

Anyone think these are a bad choice for any reason, or think I can get a better deal on a similar computer elsewhere?

What do you do with them? There are plenty of huge companies that don't need the kind of workstations a company like ours does. (3D CAD drafting and energy modeling)

It all depends on what you do with them...

If they are lasting 8 years and win98 is still useful to you then i think you would basically be fine with whatever you can grab from just about anywhere.

Techbargains is a good source.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Okay, thanks. They're for a car dealership. All they're required to do is load our inventory software system and do basic web searching. KBB, NADA, carfax, etc. I think I'm gonna go with these.

Yeah, they look fine for that. Dell makes solid computers and have decent tech support. They will just send stuff out without many questions - I have been really happy with their support.