Thread: The Fighter

Default The Fighter

4/5 I Really enjoyed this movie. Christian Bale is a TREMENDOUS actor. I wouldnt be suprised if some best actor nominations came his way based on this role.I think the casting was terrific. All of his family was cast soo well.

I saw this as well and would give it a 4.5/5. Christian Bale does to Mark Wahlberg what Heath Ledger did to him. 30 minutes into the movie you don't even acknowledge that the character is Christian Bale anymore.

The movie was really well done, people in the theater I was in were cheering at parts. I refrained from cheering because I am nearly positive the people on the screen can't hear me.

The only thing I found a little silly was the soundtrack. It was like the most literal song interpretation of the accompanying scene. I can't remember specifics since I saw the movie on Xmas Eve but it was like for a scene of someone's comeback the song was Back in the Saddle. Then on the scene where he tells his mother to believe in him it was Don't Stop Believing. Those aren't really in the movie but they might as well have been. At one point the song selection for the scene actually made me laugh out loud in the theater.

Not you, not you, and not you...

I showed that to my mother when we were on our way to see the movie. Then I showed it to everyone at my family xmas party who has seen the movie. Video is awesome.

Just saw this (finally) and loved it. Agree that Bale stole the movie, he was ridiculously good.

4/5
    Boondock