Thread: Video Card help!

Default Video Card help!

I am thinking about getting a new video card for my desktop PC. I had 2 GeForce 8800's SLI'd but one of them burnt out a few months ago. I am not thinking about scrapping the remaining one I have an just getting a single card, I was not a huge fan of SLI.

Anyone have any recommendations for one that isn't too expensive and will let me play wow and black ops at max setting?

I should also mention I'm not looking to break the bank for the card either, don't want to spend over $300.

Hey when you guys upgrade your cards in the future make sure to post on here if you have extra cards you want to sell cheap etc. I know I have a couple guest systems that need cards - don't want any decent cards to go to waste

ps Hauser you still have my extra system........ You said you would return it by Christmas...... of 2009

Rofl
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Just make sure that you DO NOT buy anything from PNY. They are a bullshit company. Their technical support is a total joke... the first time I called and got a hold of someone to explain the problem with my video card and that they sent it back after an RMA while it was still malfunctioning, they forwarded me to a technician who did not answer, so I got his voice mail and had to leave a message. He did not call back within 3 weeks. Then it took me an hour to get through to someone yesterday and they are running me through a bunch more bullshit of e-mailing them system information so they can make sure nothing is wrong with the two computers that the video card has not worked in.

Total fucking joke... their warranty coverage is bogus. Stick with EVGA, ASUS, or MSI.