Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pny

Still makes no sense that they didn't just send you a replacement refurb card..... Everytime I have had a card go bad the companies have been happy to do at least that. Phone support etc costs money.

I had to RMA my EVGA 7600gt card 3 different times (the transisters on the card would literally explode). On every occassion I had to have a 5min call with a Tech to verify that I just wasn't an idiot and then they would provide me with a RMA# and send me out a new card. Pretty painless in my opinion.

I requested that they pay for the shipping, and they did not approve. This could get interesting...

You need to demand to speak to a manager and put your foot down. Your problem is you're just too nice. They are walking all over you, mistaking your kindness for weakness.

Actually it was the manager that did not approve paying for the cost of shipping.

This is a common trick they use. When you asked for a manager the level 1 tech just put you on hold for 5 minutes, then picked up again and altered his voice.

In my experience managers have one trait in common, they do not like being yelled at. The key is to yell at them loud enough so that people around them can hear you through the headset.

Yeah, the old put you on hold and grab the guy next to them to act as the supervisor trick..... But yeah I always just keep calling back until I get a favorable result.

After 3 technical support phone conversations and 2 RMAs being processed, PNY has finally figured out that the card was indeed faulty and is sending me a replacement. Unfucking believable. At least they finally did it, but what a bunch of bullshit.