Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Louis CK on ...

I was reading about his charity giving on Reddit this morning. He is too damn likeable. The funny thing is you feel like you're so connected to him because he is so open and forward about everything, I wanted to be like dude just keep that money, you earned it!

I gave my $5 last night and watched the special. It was very funny, definitely worth the $5. I liked it a lot better than his last special, I think it was called Hilarious.

His strategy is working perfectly though. The download started out slow so I thought I'd check torrents to see if I could get it quicker, AFTER I spent my $5. There was only one tracker I found and it had like 250 comments of people yelling at the poster lol. Then the download sped up and I didn't need it anyway.

Louis CK Secretly Releases Another Online-Only Special

Comedian Louis CK has just released a new comedy special, WORD: Live At Carnegie Hall as another download/streaming offering. The special costs $5 and follows on the heels of his previous special, Live At The Beacon Theatre.

CK did no preliminary press for the release and this special contains content that fans might recognize from other live shows as well as his TV program, Louie.

Comedian Jim Gaffigan also recently released a download-only comedy special as did Aziz Ansari. The specials aim to avoid the potential censorship and, more important, the cost of working with broadcast and cable networks.

Sadly, Louis CK’s site seems to be down right now but you’ll be able to pick the special up for streaming and DRM-free download shortly.
    http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/11/lou...-only-special/

Thumbs up

Awsome..

This will also be on FX tomorrow night, 9pm cst i think.

The beacon one is on Fx and it's edited down to 40 minutes and all the fucks are taken out. He says in a interview he it trying to drive people to his site to buy the un-edited version plus he really owes Fx and thought letting them air it would be nice.