Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robin Hood (2010)

Joe loved Boondock Saints, he talks about it more than Boondock.

Quote Originally Posted by Naya View Post
    Jo, have you seen a movie in the last 10 years that you DID like? More than just a little bit?
    I love film, there are tons of films I love, and have seen a completely ridiculous # of them, i even finish most bad ones (hehe).... Maybe I haven't posted many positive reviews here but thats just a combination of randomness of whats been reviewed, taking the time to post, and the still short life of this forum..

But I'm also not throwing out five stars for rehashed mediocrity just cause its got some new shiny special-FX... And of course, like anyone else I just have my own tastes, and it isn't very mainstream..

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Boondock Saints I think he did but that was several years ago.
    lol...

Never been so disappointed..

Jo, have you seen a movie in the last 10 years that you DID like? More than just a little bit?

For the record, just on this here forum:

Inception
    Iron Man 2
    Restrepo
    The Informant (comment in Men Who Stare at GOats thread)
    Kick Ass
    The Hangover
    It Might Get Loud
    Cop Out
    Moon
    Hellboy 2
    District 9

So honestly, I don't know wtf you are even talking about...

There are also many I liked that I didn't post in, guess I just missed them in this schizophrenic movie section split into two parts with redundant reviews...

Also in private conversations Joe has expressed his love for Step Up 3-D to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillian View Post
    Also in private conversations Joe has expressed his love for Step Up 3-D to me.
    Hey, I told you that in secret after you shared your obsession with that Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie...

Wow we were just talking about horrible movies we were forced to watch by women. I'm sad because I've actually seen Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I took a 2 hour shower after that because I felt so dirty.

I think we all might have felt dirty after that one, Kyr ...

Only reason I asked, Jo, is because I don't know if I've seen a positive comment on a movie from you in quite a while.

All the movies you listed, with the exception of 1 or 2, are great movies.

My ability to like The Hangover was ruined by all the people that over-hyped it. I could not get over the fact that it was supposed to be piss-your-pants fucking hilarious, and so I went in to the movie thinking this, and only chuckled in a handful of scenes. Zach Galifianakis was the best part of that movie. :P

Naya I felt the same way after the first time I saw the Hangover. I recently watched it again and found it to be a lot funnier than the first time.

I really liked the new Robin Hood movie actually. Kind of like a Robin Hood "begins" like they did with Batman. Probably the best thing about this movie was actually the supporting cast. The actors who played Little John, Will Scarlet, and Friar Tuck were great.

It seems like they tried to closely link the Robin Hood legend with historical accuracy, but aside from how Richard the Lionheart died, it wasn't very historically accurate. They basically made up the Godfrey character as a villain, as he is not a historical person of that time who betrayed England somehow or a character from the Robin Hood stories. The famous Godfrey was from the First Crusade who ended up being the king of Jerusalem after it was captured. Also, King John did actually sign the Magna Carta with the Barons to prevent war with them.

They probably could have just stuck with the more well known Robin Hood story of him "robbing from the rich and giving to the poor" as an opponent to King John's extreme taxation. But that might not have made for as good of an action movie. I still liked it though.
    Last edited by Ender; 12-02-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Only reason I asked, Jo, is because I don't know if I've seen a positive comment on a movie from you in quite a while.
    Only a woman would restate a false premise after being shown the actual facts of the matter...

I would of liked to see the movie based on the source material Ridley Scott started out with, called Nottingham, and told from the perspective of the Sheriff of Nottingham being the protagonist... and Robin Hood being the antagonist... It would of been new, and not a repackaged version of Gladiator/Arthur/Troy/KingdomofHeaven etc... etc... etc...