Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty - Black Ops

Default Call of Duty - Black Ops

Anyone know if this is gonna be worth getting?

Fuck it I pre-ordered it on Steam. There is a catch however - Steam players in the US can't play until like 9am tomorrow..... Retail versions go live at Midnight. I wasn't planning to stay up to play but still Steam can be so retarded at times.

I cant really see going back to non-destructible environments.. BFBC2 has pretty much raised the bar with that for FPS imo.. The new game modes don't really appeal to me either as its a lot of stuff that seems geared to only the guys that live these games and go 50 & 2 every round, or back to back to back 10 person kill streaks, etc...

If the last game was any indication the single player and coop modes will be worth the $59. I enjoyed MW2 until BC came out and still jump into a game once in awhile. Pace is faster and sometimes that's what I feel like. Destructible environments are cool (and have been around for awhile) but that shouldn't make or break a game.

I was on the fence about getting this game but the more I read about it the more interested I got. So I'll be getting it on Steam too. I'm not staying up so it doesn't matter the 9AM thing, but I agree that's lame.

I don't really care about destructible environments, since I never played BC2. I just like the leveling up and killstreaks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Destructible environments are cool (and have been around for awhile) but that shouldn't make or break a game.
    I cant think of one where it really played a legit role in the gameplay and strategy, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillian View Post

I don't really care about destructible environments, since I never played BC2. I just like the leveling up and killstreaks, etc.

Its just a realism kinda thing, hiding in buildings or behind a tin fence is just lame when your getting blasted by a Abrams. Just completes the environment imo. I do like the leveling, and opening up equip and guns, but I actually don't really dig the killstreak for special ability's stuff. Kinda makes a elite few op imo..

I played some COD MW2 the past couple days to shake the rust off for Black Ops. My first match I went 22-0 and got accused of hacking, then I never made it back to .500 for the next 5 matches lol.

I am enjoying the game but I am getting a bad studder when playing online. Looks like this is a problem for a lot of people and might have something to do with the sound settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I am enjoying the game but I am getting a bad studder when playing online. Looks like this is a problem for a lot of people and might have something to do with the sound settings.
    "F-f-f-fuck you d-d-d-duuuuude"