Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestions for new build

I have been looking at combo deals but I guess I just recommend a Intel i7 quad core and ASUS MB...... Nvidia 460 vcard and you should be set for at least a few years. Nanosystems might be the way to go still.

Oldschool NC

Is the intel really worth 2 1/2 times the cost of a comparable AMD? I would find it difficult to pay $250 for something that has nearly same stats as a $99 chip. I must be missing something?

AMD sux and Intel rulz is what you are missing I think.

I haven't really looked at the benchmarks since I got my i7 last year. But when I made my decision to go back to Intel (after 10 years of AMD) it was about 2x performance compared to what AMD had out for about 150% the price. I think more then anything you are buying extra time before you upgrade with Intel.

Video cards are so cheap now I like to future proof my CPU and just swap out Vcards every year if possible.

Here is a good deal if you want a Dell Outlet PC and can price it to just $1000. $200 = 20% off.

DellOutlet Dell Outlet
    March Savings Event! $200 off Laptops and Desktops $999 and up! Enter code ?V347G7KWF9XCM at checkout. Online Only http://del.ly/6015uC1R