Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikings vs Jets predictions....

Favre wound up putting up an OK stat line by the end but I don't think you can really say he played well. 2 Lost fumbles, 1 interception, he had a couple balls that could have easily been interceptions as well.

I think the best thing the vikes take away from this game is they played pretty solid D, especially in and near the red zone.

Favre did not play well at all. He missed WAY too many wide open easy throws that could have been game breakers, gave up 3 turnovers (one of which lost them the game), and missed an easy 2 point conversion considering he had a wide open target in the end zone, which could have tied the game. Now he has elbow problems in his throwing arm, which is not good. You know he is going to be thinking about that elbow now every time they call a play up with Moss running a deep route.

The coaching sucked too. Having to take a timeout to decide whether or not to go for a 2 point conversion is totally inexcusable. And sure enough, the timeouts were preciously needed in the final 3 minutes of the game. Lucky for them though, the Jets screwed up just as bad by throwing a pass and stopping the clock at 2:04. The opening drive, and entire first quarter for that matter, was pathetically planned. WTF kind of first play was that? Seriously... it was good for some laughs, but then you realize you are laughing AT them, not WITH them.

They are missing Chester Taylor BAD. I really think too many people are blowing off his absence. He was great at blitz blocking. When the Jets were sending blitzes every other play in the first half and sacking/hitting the hell out of Favre, they needed Taylor in there. They actually had to go to a 2 back formation in the second half anytime they remotely thought the Jets would blitz, which eliminates a receiver.

This game was about what I expected though. Anyone who honestly thought the Vikings would win is a delusional Vikings fanatic. The Jets are one of the couple best teams in the league, if not the best.

I completely forgot about that botched 2 pt conversion. The Fullback was WIDE open and Favre even looked at him and was like "I'm not throwin to him, not a high enough probability for failure."

Childress had a couple of dumb errors. Burning a time out when you're down like that is unforgivable. I think he got flustered because Favre was basically starting a parade to celebrate his 500th career touchdown pass and wasn't paying attention to the play call coming in. Childress then sent in the kicking team maybe because he was afraid of a delay of game penalty even though the clock didn't start yet. Then he got Brett's attention to go for 2 but there was some confusion on the play. I say that's half Childress' fault and half Favre being an attention-whore. Seriously he was jumping around like he just threw the game-winner in the super bowl.

That first play was retarded. The play seemed to clearly be a double reverse with Favre acting as a check down. So basically the play is either Moss tricks them and can rush or they throw to Favre and eat a penalty. Moss didn't even seem that intent on running it, he was locked on Favre and Favre was looking for the ball the minute Moss got it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...hrows-to-Favre

Look at that play, Favre even avoids blocking someone because he knows the ball is coming to him. Someone get Childress a rule book.

Also it seemed he was favoring his non-throwing arm, so that means he probably has carpel tunnel from sending too many pics of his tiny penis to various people.

Rofl
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

He will still play next week... and stink. Jackson wasn't any better... Rice just made him look good. Defense stepped up and won them the game.

He is still the best QB we have.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    He is still the best QB we've had since Fran Tarkington.
    fixed for more accuracy..