Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Vikings vs Jets predictions....

Lol

Seriously the most antiquated, energy sucking design of a sports arena in the western world.

It takes 250,000 CFM of OA to keep the thing inflated. 24/7...

I could do the math on it but i have no doubt that you could heat a few hundred homes for a year with the amount of heating energy that thing consumes just keeping 65 degrees and inflated in there for a day.

I would say they should just shut it down and move on...

It's amazing what we thought were good ideas when energy costs and consumption did not matter at all...
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    Seriously the most antiquated, energy sucking design of a sports arena in the western world.

It takes 250,000 CFM of OA to keep the thing inflated. 24/7...

I could do the math on it but i have no doubt that you could heat a few hundred homes for a year with the amount of heating energy that thing consumes just keeping 65 degrees and inflated in there for a day.

I would say they should just shut it down and move on...

It's amazing what we thought were good ideas when energy costs and consumption did not matter at all...

Alright, clearly some greenie liberal hacked Chads account...?

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    Alright, clearly some greenie liberal hacked Chads account...?
    Part of being a conservative is being a conservationist. (NOT an environmentalist). Some big and very important differences. I am all for smart energy conservation and overall/lifecycle environmental responsibility. Which things like ethanol, hybrid cars, et al currently are not...

And in keeping with the my principals I do not at all support any taxpayer funded replacement, i would rather the team move to L.A.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Always like this guys posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    And in keeping with the my principals I do not at all support any taxpayer funded replacement, i would rather the team move to L.A.

You would rather lose a professional sports team forever than pay the extra $5 in taxes a year it would cost to subsidize a public stadium that will be used for public events (minus the 8 days the vikings use it a year)?

I think I can afford to skip 1 Starbucks Mocha to keep enjoying football. I refuse to become a Green Bay Packers fan because of some cheap asses.

Toronto is looking for an NFL team and we can't wait for Ralph Wilson to die forever! Toronto Vikings... hmmmm...

Don't worry, you'll enjoy being Packers fans. Aaron Rodgers is a beast, when healthy.
    The artist formely known as Keion

Oldschool NC

I too consider myself a fiscal conservative. However, that doesn't mean that I am against all government involvement in money or spending matters. I supported public involvement in building Target field. I also support public involvement in the a new Football stadium even though I will likely never be a paying customer in it. I believe public/private partnerships get things like this done and it benefits EVERYONE in the state at some level. Sports teams are part of the "identity" of a state. They do bring in lots of tourism and spending, though I believe it is impossible to accruately measure how much.

Thumbs down

You guys are like my dad... I make a joke, and he's all serious..