Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALDS predictions...

Oldschool NC

Default ALDS predictions...

Well, I am going to go with Twins in 5. It all comes down to tonights game. CC is the Yankees only pitcher worth a shit right now. If we can get to him.... TWINS in 5.

P.S. I am partial to TWINS in 5, I have tickets to game 1 and game 5

I also say Twins in 5.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Yanks in 4!

CC and Pettite will be solid, Hughes is a ?

Not really happy with the way the Twins have played over the last 10 games but I still hold out hope they will win in.... 4 ??

Without Morneau we lose in 5 Yanks are too consistent and have always had the twins number especially post season time. I hope I am wrong. Burnett not pitching helps us tho...

Sorry Boys, Yanks in 3 sweep. As much as I hate to admit it.

By the way Favre To Moss?

Quote Originally Posted by Hauser View Post
    Without Morneau we lose in 5 Yanks are too consistent and have always had the twins number especially post season time. I hope I am wrong. Burnett not pitching helps us tho...
    Burnett pitching would have helped you:P

Well, it's hard to argue. The current era twins as a team and players like Kubel, Mauer, and Thome have for all intents and purposes proven they just dont show up for the playoffs. Probably half of the starters for the first two games simply have no playoff game.

As good all around ball players as guys like cuddyer and hudson are they cannot carry a team to a champinship much less beat the yankees in a best of 5.

Whereas the yankees, to a man all elevate, in the post season.

I understand Danny Valencia as a rookie not having the chops yet but guys that have been in the league and the postseason more than a couple times have to be able to play in the postseason or they simply dont have it in them. It's so bad they should Put Punto in, at least he is a ballplayer that shows up for the playoffs has proven so many years in a row now.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

I would say is not that they don't show up, you need solid pitching and clutch hitting, and those have been the killer. I bet you that the Twins have the highest LOB percentage in the league, you cant leave ducks on the pond and expect to win, especially in the post season. Twins 2010 total Runs 781 Total Hits 1521 Diff 740.

That is atleast 740 runners Left on base, I didn't add in walks or hit by pitch, but thats ~50% of your hits, are left on base, because lack of hitting, or hitting into double plays. 50% is poor, the yankees are around 40%.

We would have had a much better shot if we had pulled the trigger on sending Ramos to Seattle for Cliff Lee rather than getting Capps. For postseason success, you need a dominant, innings eating ace. As good of seasons as Liriano and Pavano have had, neither is that.