Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another kind of Football pick'em pool..

Exclamation Another kind of Football pick'em pool..

Just thought I'd offer it up, my BiL (all legit, no shenanigans with the $$) runs a pick'em pool where you choose one game a week, and pick the winner to advance. That's it, pick one games winner each week. You can pick a team as many weeks as you want. Winner take all (w/possible ties if it goes to the SB). The entry fee is $100. I've done it the last 3 years, and there has been 60-80 people playing, payout to 1 person one year, 3 in one, and a 6 way tie in another.... Nice payouts.

Get me your email if interested and i'll send you the site and info. All online, and I believe you can do picks in advance..

Oldschool NC

I did one of these one year and I just didn't like the whole if your wrong, your out. I like the style Scott is doing much better... just my .02 worth.

Yeah I get it, that is certainly the risk, gotta pick real smart early on... People fall off fast.. But I feel way more confident that I can pick 1 winner a week than picking enough total overall to win a season. And the payout in this one is insane relative to the buy-in... Didn't mean to imply I was competing with Scott's, just offering it up to anyone interested in additional games. I play a monday night football ##'s game too but thats limited to the number of invites.

edit* u can enter more than once too.

So I know Rich and Joe are in this pool. What's the final tally for cash and are you still in?

Both of us made it through week one. 13 people got knocked out... $9800 is the pot.

Think I'm going with Green Bay in week 2! Let's hope CJ Spiller matches his production in week 1.

Rich & I made it another week... About 10 very unhappy people picked Dallas.. Dropped another 18 players. Down to 65.

Joe and I survive another week, we both picked New England over Buffalo and NE made us sweat with their awful, awful defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillian View Post
    we both picked New England

Along with almost everyone else, the whole thing would of been over pretty quick had NE lost...

I was surprised that not a single person picked Green Bay with all the hype they've been getting. More people picked the Niners than picked Green Bay lolz.