Thread: Blizzard pass

Default Blizzard pass

Yesterday I took a Zagby survey and one of the questions had to do with MMO and online gaming. After I answered yes to if I have a current WOW account several interesting questions came up. Basically, it was about how much money I would pay monthly if Blizzard decided to A) charge to play multi player games b) charge to get in game upgrades to the game C) if Blizzard decided to roll all their online games into one monthly charge. It specifically stated WOW, Diablo3, and Starcraft 2 online games. I think it was $15 a month plus a charge to upgrade items/content. Looks like Blizzard is looking for a different pricing strategy.....

I wouldn't doubt it, they seem to be testing the waters with things like RAF rewards and the Celestial steed.

There are quite a few games out now that offer free subscriptions but you have to pay for items, pay for access to certain areas, etc. They are small charges you wouldn't think much of, 2-5 bucks, but they add up.

Dragon's Age for PC has something like this. I know Arda loves the game and has probably spent over 25 bucks on additional content/items since it was launched.

The "bundled" approach was interesting to me because I will own all 3 of the blizzard games. I would probably save money on a monthly basis. However, if someone didn't play wow but wanted to play online SC2 they might be stuck paying $15 a month..... that's pretty shitty. Hopefully, they offer al carte options for people owning only one game.

Purchasing in game items with real money is fine but if it starts to give a competitive advantage or the items become somehow mandatory.... thats pretty lame. Blizzard already makes a ton of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Purchasing in game items with real money is fine but if it starts to give a competitive advantage or the items become somehow mandatory.... thats pretty lame. Blizzard already makes a ton of money.
    I don't mind this either when it comes to things like the Celestial Mount, or hell, even buying the collectors edition for the stupid little pet you get (amongst other things).

If Blizzard moves to a real money system in which you must buy gear to remain competitive, I'll quit. Because I like being mildly competitive with only having to pay $15 a month to play a night or two a week raiding (and have alts to do whatever with).

Blizzard is so loaded that, if they decide to make necessary raiding gear cost real money, their egos have officially begun to eat themselves.
    Last edited by Naya; 08-24-2010 at 03:57 PM.