0 0%
  • 1 star Hated it

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inception

Default Inception

Off to see this one..

Thumbs up

Holy shit, what a great mind fuck.. Must see movie of the summer if not year..

I saw this yesterday and was amazed. Christopher Nolan is just world's ahead of anyone else making movies today. If he had only directed this I would be amazed, but having also written it just makes my jaw drop.

First, the cast is perfect for this movie. Nolan has a habit of making casting choices that seem odd when announced but in the end really make the movie more enjoyable. For example, when I heard Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon Levitt were cast in his summer action tentpole movie I was like "umm what?" but they were both amazing in it. The same was said when he cast Heath Ledger as the Joker and the internet erupted in fury and anger, we know how that one turned out.

The script was also great, it never seemed cheesy and there were no cringe moments. That sets him apart from the other writer-directors like James Cameron and M. Night Shymalan (lol).

The action scenes were amazing and they weren't CGI cartoons, this was a big budget action movie and they spent the money well.

Lastly, the pacing of the movie was perfect. The movie was 2.5 hours and you don't even notice it. I think I had to use the bathroom at about the 1.5 hour mark and I was like F it I'm not missing a second of this movie. I made it to the rest room after the movie without incident, in case anyone was wondering.

( Click to show/hide )
    I liked the ending, it was succinct enough to be a real ending and not follow the recent trend of non-ending movies (think: Matrix: Revolutions). That being said, the ending left plenty up for discussion and it kind of creates this loop in your head where every potential answer creates another question, which is perfectly in line with the Paradoxal (sp?) nature of Inception

I'm still mulling it all over, I thought I got the end for the most part, but then reading something like this interpretation opens up a whole other possibility that I hadn't thought about...

Spoiler
    http://halphillips.tumblr.com/post/822919795/inception

Did you see Shutter Island? While the execution of Inception is way better, more interesting story, etc... Its crazy that both movies have DiCapprio with this inner-alternative reality....

I saw Shutter Island. Definitely had a similar running theme. I liked Shutter Island but I thought the acting and directing saved what was a mediocre and fairly predictable story. I think about 30-40 minutes into Shutter Island I predicted the ending.

I had a feeling about Inceptions ending but I don't think you can really predict it because
    ( Click to show/hide )
    it's implications really make you have to retrace the entire movie

Can you link that picture or something, tumblr is blocked here and I can't see it.

There was a funny video I heard about where the creator or producer of Lost explained the ending, I haven't seen it yet but heard it's funny.

You'll have to check it out at home, its just a blog post with a interesting plot theory for Inception... one I didn't guess at even after the twist at the end.

Another little spoiler like tidbit about the score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQ0...layer_embedded

Here is the most important link involving Inception, don't worry no spoilers.

http://ryanpitts.com/projects/inceptionator/#

I noticed that the score for Shutter Island was all previously composed music, nothing was made strictly for the movie. And damn that was some creepy music.

I can't wait to see this movie. And I definitely want to see it in the theater now.