Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPhone 4

Just a quick recap of something funny that happened to me today:

I called Eric on his fancy NEW iPhone4, and in the middle of the conversation, he hung up on me....

Then I called him back in 2 minutes after the straight to voice mail process that happens after every dropped call where both people are calling each other back at the same time, and he was in the middle of explaining why his hanging up on me didn't count as a dropped call WHEN HE DROPPED ME AGAIN!

So I called him back on his land line phone (ha!) and he explained that in addition to the drop call button on the lower left side of the phone, the screen dosen't go dormant during a call and you actually hang up on people during calls by pressing the "End Call" button with your cheek!

Maybe the iPhone4 will save the land-line phone business?!

It was classic.

I was like "this iPhone 4 is awesome. It's like an obstacle course built right into your phone: you can't hold it a certain way and you can't get it too close to your FACE or it might just hang up on the person you are...hello? Are you there? Mother fuckin phone!"

"Yeah hi. I hung up on you with my face. iPhone rulez"

Google still has some love for the iPhone.

Google Mobile app for iPhone gets push notification

Marin

The Apple iPhone 4 does a lot of things well but it still doesn’t play that nice with Google Calendar and the Gmail experience isn’t as good as on Android. Google is trying to correct that though and it has just multiple new improvements to its Google Mobile app for iOS products.

The first new thing about the Google Mobile app for the Apple iPhone is push notifications for Gmail and Google Calendar. The Google Calendar improvement is much needed, as the current support is quite wonky.

Editor-in-chief Will Park said he syncs his iCal on his Mac is synced with MobileMe and Google Calendar. Unfortunately, Google Calendar doesn’t always play nice with these services and not all of his events show up on his Apple iPhone 4. The improved Google Mobile app should help solve this problem, as it will put up a push notification on your home screen when an event is happening.

The search has also been improved, as it will auto-populate results before you hit the search button.

This is just the latest attempt by Google to improve its products for the Apple iPhone, even though it rivals the search company’s Android operating system. Google recently revamped its Gmail for iPad web app and this includes a healthy dose of HTML5.

Apple gets proper Google Latitude; stalk your friends from Android

Article