Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows

Default Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows

Okay I admit it, I'm a huge fan of these books. The movies haven't been that amazing, but this trailer looks pretty sharp. I hope they nail it with these last 2...

they have been a little up and down but overall quite good. I did not find the books to be really any better. The movies in many cases cut out unnecessary fluff and boredom. Although the later ones tend to cut too much.

The 3rd, 4th, and 5th movies i thought were very good. I think they dropped the ball on the latest one some as much of the rich details were lost in the conversion.

I have high hopes for the last one/two as well but i do think there are some similar hurdles to overcome...
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

So I hated the 5th book, but the movie made up for it. It took out all the whiney teen-age bull that Harry went through. Made the story better.

I'm hoping the fact that they had to split the last two books in to two movies means they wanted to add more details that were getting omitted from previous books. Because Deathly Hallows has a lot of details that absolutely CANNOT be left out.

Anyone who has just seen the movies knows nothing about S.P.E.W, the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare. Hermione makes me laugh. Granted that part, which was in only a couple of the books, had very little to do with story progression.

Luke was lost when he watched the 6th movie. And I think a lot of people who didn't read the books were totally confused, especially about the Half-Blood Prince and who R.A.B. was and just how important he really is.

If you've seen the movies and haven't read the books, I still recommend going back and reading them. They're great reads. Not the best books I've ever read by far (Sword of Truth) but definitely on my list of must-reads.

Um...this looks interesting.

If you read my review of the last Harry Potter movie, you'll see why I was really disappointed in it:

( Click to show/hide )

The battle of Hogwarts at the end of Book 6 was completely omitted, and I was so excited to see that part of the book translated to the movie. They left it out and the ending fell flat on it's face (IMO) mainly because I was frustrated how they had changed the story.

Anyway, from the looks of this poster, they may have pushed it to the new movie! Fanboy alert: I so excited.

If you recall there is a battle in both the 6th and 7th books. The one in the last book is just more epic.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

I don't remember the big battle at Hogwarts at the end of the 6th book.

As soon as I finish Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy, I'm going to reread the harry potter books. Its been a long time since I've reread them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    If you recall there is a battle in both the 6th and 7th books. The one in the last book is just more epic.
    WTF I don't remember that either...

Curses...time to re-read?

The one in the 7th book is basically a barn burner. They really level the place, but from what i am seeing of the trailers they took it to another level beyond even what she describes in the books as far as decimating hogwarts.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

Umm spoiler tags?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hey, I used them!