Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows

Bah, im not giving anything away. Certainly not anymore than you see in the picture and trailers above.
    RIP Rocklobster & Straph

( Click to show/hide )
    Dumbledorf fists Harry Potter and finally confirms that this shit is gay

Saw this Friday night, it was great. I don't think Luke liked it though.

I'm really excited for the last one next year now.

( Click to show/hide )

This happens with each movie, but they did change some things up. Nothing extremely crucial to the plot line, just some continuity things.

Luke complained about the middle of the movie being slow because of all the camping and not much going on. He also didn't understand why they ended up camping to begin with, and this was mainly because of how the three of them escaped the Ministry after their disguises wore off. This was changed in a subtle fashion, but so much so that it did leave room for misinterpretation (even though Hermione does explain to Harry she had to bring them to the forest when they had almost made it to Grimauld Place because that Ministry guy had a hold of her arm and she couldn’t shake him off before they got to the house.)

I heard a couple ladies bitching about the same thing as we were leaving. They didn't like how the camping dragged on. If you read the book, you know that part dragged on and it was intentional ... it made finding the sword and killing the locket horcrux feel that much more important and that much bigger of a relief than if there had been minimal frustration in accomplishing that.

There's a lot of confusion left for those that haven't read the book because they don't yet know who helped Harry/Ron find the sword; there's still a lot of unanswered questions. I just hope the last movie doesn't screw those things up.
    Last edited by Naya; 11-22-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added spoilers :P

I wasn't big on this movie, though I liked it a bit more than the last one. The beginning was OK, but the rest of the movie dragged on and although I understand the reason why they did that in order to build tension and emphasize the drama of the story , it did not work well in my opinion in the movie.

I have not read the books still, so I am speaking strictly from the perspective of watching the movie only without any knowledge about how it works into the rest of the book.

I haven't seen it yet but I hear their is a lot of camping and being lost in the wood.... sounds wonderful

Did you read the book, Scott?

No, but I keep thinking I want to go back and read them all because as I am trying to re watch some of the earlier moves I feel lost at times (if that makes sense). Hope to see the movie soon.

There's a lot of camping in the movie because there's a lot of camping in the book. I thought it was completely validated.

Well they did cut Tom Bombadil out of LOTR sooo you aren't required to put everything boring into the movie

But seriously I am sure I will like it.

Did you like Half Blood Prince?