Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cake needs some techie help!

I'm definitely going the xbox route, i hate playstation and i dont watch blu-rays. I usually use VLC player to watch movies and everything but i have never played around with the W7 media center you're talking about, what's that?

Lately I have been downloading High definition .MKV files and burning them to disk to play on the PS3. Works awesome for those torrents that are in HD and you want to play in HD.

Xbox is a great WMC extender but if you want Blu Ray you gotta go Sony.

Blu-ray can Blu-ow me. as long as i can stream hi-def to my tv i have no need for it, xbox inc.

Yeah, because streamed HD is the same as HD from a Blu Ray. 720, 1080 same thing.

Well VLC has an extension for it, but im not sure VLC will work with this Xbox thing, might have to do the secondary tower network...

I have the non live version of this and it's great.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tal-_-22136472

That does look practical and awesome but no wifi? wtf

I am sure that will come out on the Live2 version.... I got mine for like $80 and use it with a external HD to play downloaded content. About two weeks later the Live version was announced that included streaming/networked for the same price I was like WTF. I still use it a lot when I travel and it plays pretty much whatever you throw at it.

There are two USB ports on the thing and I remember someone hacked a Wifi usb stick to work in one.