Thread: damn haxors

Default damn haxors

My WoW email account is constantly bombarded with phishing scams to nab my account info. I even started getting emails for an Aion account I sold about 7 months ago.

I just get a good laugh reading the emails.

When we carry out a routine check when the account, we have evidence to show that your account has been involved in the disputed transactions.
    So we have to inform you visit our website( XXXXXXXXXXX ) fill out some information to facilitate our investigation.
    If you can not tie in with our soon we will have to temporarily lock your account.

Sincerely,
    Blizzard, Inc.
    Copyright 2004-2010 Blizzard, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Greetings!
    This is an automated notification regarding the recent change(s)
    made to your World of Warcraft account. Your password has recently been modified through the Password Recovery website.
    *** If you made this password change, please disregard this notification. However, if you did NOT make changes to your password
    we recommend you Login verify your password:
    (XXXXXXXX)
    If you are unable to successfully verify your password .
    using the automated system, please contact Billing & Account Services at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499) Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm Pacific Time or at billing@blizzard.com. Account security is solely the responsibility of the account holder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives typically must lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.
    Regards,
    The World of Warcraft Support Team Blizzard Entertainment
    Greetings,

This notice is being sent to inform you that we are unable to successfully process your identity of the World of Warcraft account. As such, we ask you check your settings with the following linkXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

If you have not use this email address register the World of Warcraft account. Please contact the Blizzard Billing and Account Services department via email at billing@blizzard.com for further assistance with this issue. We will help you to protect your privacy and close the account with this address.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
    I get about 1-2 a day. The e-mails constantly change so makring them as spam just doesn't work. But I get a good laugh at the bad grammar and the hidden links on the url in the email.

Edit- Lols. I posted the actual websites on the quotes. Sorry, not trying to get you guys hacked.
    Last edited by Kurise; 04-02-2010 at 08:54 AM.

You know I use a old hotmail account for my battlenet account and was looking in my spam folder last week - there were literally hundreds of the type of scam email you posted. I bet they do get some retards like Treebark

Yeah I'm using hotmail as well. It's the email I started back in 6th grade. I use a different e-mail as my primary now. I'm thinking about changing my e-mail for WoW just to avoid this kind of stuff.

My hotmail was labeling them all spam as far as I could tell.

Nothing I have found is better then Gmail at spam filtering.

My Gmail spam filter picks these up, but there's a shit ton of them ... they are pretty funny to read sometimes.

My hotmail account, which I have not used in about 7 years got hacked like 2 months ago...I even deleted it and it STILL is sending spams to people....

It's like a e-mail spam zombie!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBear View Post
    It's like a e-mail spam zombie!!
    FROM CHINA! Quick, shoot it in the head!

they have a good engrish!