Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruse (rts)

Sounds about what I did. Not sure of the need for soldiers at all in this game. I pretty much do a quick build attack (zerg) strat in most of these games or else I lose badly. I was pretty good with protoss back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Sounds about what I did. Not sure of the need for soldiers at all in this game. I pretty much do a quick build attack (zerg) strat in most of these games or else I lose badly. I was pretty good with protoss back in the day.
    Versus the computer, I build the 3 Tanks as defense. The computer has a very aggressive style that you need to stop right at the beginning of the match.

For the most part, I build Armor Base, then Anti-Air/Artillery. I use these two as my primary source of attack. Armor Base being used for the intitial 3-4 Light Tank push that can easily win a match with a real player, as well as defense for my base and my Artillety. Then the Artillery for the Long Range Mobile Artillery Tanks (Last Tank on list, don't know the non upgraded tanks name, upgraded is Priest). The Mobile Artillery is pretty disgusting, the range is incredibly long and they are my main offensive unit. The Mobile Anti-Air tank is really strong against plane attack. A few of those and you can pretty much defend any kind of rush.

Always try to upgrade the units that you mainly use to the next level, they're much more powerful.

If you get the money, the Prototype Base ($130) has some insane units. The ranged Artillery in this factory is retarded. It shoots twice as fast and twice as many rounds as the normal Artillery unit.

Also something to note, I don't use planes or the airstrip for the most part. I know it's a flaw in my game that I'll have to improve on, but it's really not that important when you're playing against the current players. I've come across quite a few players that try to Airstrip up real fast and zerg with planes. If your using the normal strat, you'll already have your tanks headed to this persons base and you should be building an Anti-Air Turret while they are on the way.

Tank Zerg works very well in multiplayer, not so much with the Comp.

eminem352@hotmail.com is my email for steam, add me and we can do some games together, help you out a bit.

edit- Also, many units can take cover in the Forest, which allows for surprise attacks. Mid way through a game when I have a decent amount of income, I'll build a Anti-Tank base and start placing the cheap Mortar teams in the wooded area. The woods hides them from view until they begin firing, as well as doing increased damage for the surprise attack. I do the same thing with the cheapesr Anti-Air tank, which is the air equivalent of the Mortar Anti-Tank team. Both can take shelter in the woods and wreak havoc.

And, placing Infanty inside the little towns that are along the road will allow them to do surprise attacks. By inside, I mean just in the town area.
    Last edited by Kurise; 03-12-2010 at 07:15 PM.

I might look into this, I used to play the Red Alerts, Dune, and starcraft like all the time.