Thread: 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

so i finally watched the whole thing and it was bad
    i think the only reason i sat through the whole thing is i love john cusack haha. poor guy what a horrible movie.

I finally gave in to temptation and watched this last night. Overall I'm a fan of disaster movies. I didn't hate this but it was pretty funny how cliched everything has become.

I love how the
    ( Click to show/hide )
    happy ending involves the step father, who has done nothing to make us dislike him, gets grinded up viciously in gears. His wife and step-kids take no time to grieve before they fully embrace their returning husband/father.

After doing something like that the movie had no balls
    ( Click to show/hide )
    and refused to kill the Augustus Gloop twins that EVERYONE wanted to see meet a gruesome end.

Side note: I don't remember Danny Glover having a lisp in any of the Lethal Weapon movies (I'm too old for thisth shit), is that something you can develop later in life? He had a lisp in this and in Shooter.

This movie definitely had no reason being 2 and a half hours.
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Boon is right about the cruise ship part. Even if they wanted to go into it a little bit to establish Adrian's father, there is no reason to even have George Segal's character and his anti-slope racism. Also another reason this movie had no balls, he's not talking to his son because he married a Jap? Who cares if their kid marries an asian.

So the movie wouldn't really commit to racism but followed the end-of-days movie (Deep Impact) theme of having a BLACK PRESIDENT for the apocalypse.

I thought the CGI was more believable than the
    ( Click to show/hide )
    handling of a limo under extreme conditions! Seriously they could have made him a Town Car driver and it would have been a little bit more believable than this.

I'll give it a 2/5. I wasn't mad I watched it, but it definitely can't be called good.