Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - The Final Season

its what 7 more episodes, to get the story wraped up. I still don't feel they answerd the darhma crap or the witmore party from the 50's.

Remember they aren't going to wrap everything up.....

I smell spin off.

You would think they could go another season just explaining all the lose ends....

Well with things like Dharma, I don't expect much in answers, as they were really just visitors. They have nothing to do with the island, they are just as they appeared (hokey experiments on things they didn't understand, but really it was about observing the dharma people secretly) and there is no big secret left to be revealed. I thought for sure there would be a connection between the the smoke monster, the islands magnetism, and the polar bears, but now I doubt it... Polar bears were solely part of Dharma, the magnetism and smokey are tied to the island, and he probably needs the people to do things for him to release him, he cant release himself.. (trying to use their corruptibility)..

( Click to show/hide )
    I read a idea that I think is probably where this is headed... What Jacob told Richard is true, he's not dead and he's not in hell, and then gave him the wine bottle analogy... MiB is evil-incarnate, just as he was referred too.. and the island is his prison/containment, and if he's allowed to leave the island, evil-incarnate will be unleashed on the rest of the world...

So talking about Hell and such is just a way to dumb it down for the humans brought to the island into something they can comprehend, but its really a much bigger concept than that, and is not necessarily "Christian" in nature either, like the rules that Jacob plays by, not being able to grant Alperts first two requests, but immediately giving him the gift of "living forever" when he requests it. He's not omnipotent..

MiB duped Alpert when he appeared as Isabella to him on the wrecked Black Rock, but I think the Isabella talking to Hurley is legit, which makes me think not all the dead people seen are the island where MiB in disguise, some of them where just dead people... Anyway, thats where I think its going..

You mean Isebella was Jacob not MiB right? I like the theory that Jacob was telling Hurley to say he was Isebella but then Alpert was able to hear her so I doubt that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    You mean Isebella was Jacob not MiB right?
    No, when Isabella visited Alpert while he was still chained up in the wrecked Black Rock, that was the MiB (this is just my guess)... And then she left the hold of the ship and you hear the smoke monster and her scream but don't see anything.. I think that was MiB trying to motivate Alpert to do what he wants. And thats why Alpert actually saw her... MiB is a physical manifestation, he can appear as other people obviously... Thats different from the dead people seen by some (see below)...

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I like the theory that Jacob was telling Hurley to say he was Isebella but then Alpert was able to hear her so I doubt that one.
    No, I don't think Alpert was actually hearing or seeing Isabella at the end with Hurley... I think that was totally "for effect" so Hurley didn't have to literally stand there and translate it all.. And to show the intensity of Alperts longing for her.... I think Hurley was actually talking to the dead Isabella and relaying it to Alpert thru that whole scene but they don't show it.... Alpert believed Hurley (that he was talking to her) so he was just visualizing/imagining her... And thats why he had to ask "is she gone?"...

In the end I think Alperts reward for helping Jacob and playing his part will be death, and his reuniting with Isab. (not the phony MiB version)..

I think it also ties into to all the dead people seen on the island throughout... Some have been the MiB, using their appearance to manipulate, and some have been real dead people... Or maybe just the ones Hurley see's are real dead people (on the side of Jacob)... Hurley is special imo...

I think if the stuff about the candidate isn't just a diversion, and one of them actually takes over for Jacob it will be Hurley... and Jack will be the wildcard (although redemption for him could be just as likely as him to be chaos and continue to do the opposite of w/e is suggested by either MiB & Jacob)

Least thats what I think..

I saw this picture taken from the directors cut of Lost episode 1.

( Click to show)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillian View Post
    I saw this picture taken from the directors cut of Lost episode 1.

( Click to show)
    That sir is NSFW, I am glad I mistakely opened that at home. That is not how their plane crashed though, Maybe the second or third one but not the first. If you notice the plane is still intact.

V