Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - The Final Season

Default Lost - The Final Season

So what do you guys think of the first episode?

My initial thoughts:

( Click to show/hide )

There are two timelines that will at some point come together. The producers are calling the off island stuff "flash sideways". I don't think Desmond was really on the plane. I think Juliet is alive in the other reality and will somehow get to the island etc. My first thought was that you had to die on the island to go to your off island body but who the fuck knows. The Others part with the smoke monster Lock guy I think its too premature to figure out WTF is going on.

One thing is for sure - there are more questions then answers so far this season.

5 Seasons in 5 Minutes

Question: What is the main reason to watch this show? What will keep me interested?

I've been told for years that I need to be watching this show and I watched the first half of the first season and wasn't too impressed. I need a new show to watch so let me know why I should watch Lost!

My take, and understanding.

( Click to show/hide )
    It is interesting, there are tons of people who have said there is a religious message, but that’s with everything. The new group of the “Asian” Mongolian tribe thing is now the 4-5th iteration of the “others”. They live in the temple, and it appears that this is when they all returned to the island, is it in the future? Or is it in the past, the island was moved. They have all been moved out of the 70’s and are in the same time. The “flash sideways” is odd, the Desmond is on the plane, etc.

The Locke thing is Locke is dead, he is now the “smoke” monster, last season there was a scene where Jacob and another guy were sitting on the beach and the other guy told Jacob he would find a way to kill him, The island has some forces that make it so he cannot kill him. Is Jacob a deity? Is the other guy an anti deity? AKA Locke, smoke monster.

The first episode of the season, Juliette says that it worked, in reference to the bomb blowing up in the hatch (swan station). So without that the story line of Desmond and the hatch and the plane crashing has been erased. When the plane jostled over the island, and the island was underwater, that is a curious moment, as well as the whole statue thing, but that should become clear. I am guessing that we will indeed see the two times intersect, or merge in the last episode.

Dont miss the bus and be a chumbolone.

Well Season 1 is kinda the big set up for the rest of the series. It starts to get strange toward the end when shit like polar bears start to show up. Season 2 & 3 are probably my favorites. I would give it another chance at least to the end of S2 - you should be hooked by then (if not it's probably best to stop watching). The last two seasons have been really complex but enjoyable. It's just nice to have a show that makes you think about it after it's over. Nothing is explained to you like you are a 5 yr old water head.

Also, there is a pretty decent spoiler light Lost podcast that's pretty decent. You can grab it on iTunes or Zune market place or listen here:

http://www.jayandjack.com/

They do two shows a week usually. One right after the show is done and the other a few days later after people have called in with theory's.

So.....Claire is the new Russo.

Possibly, and Saiyd is the new Ben? I don't like the Mr Miagi guy or his fruit loop translater. I did notice that kate cracked "mac" from sunny in the face.

Fruit Loop guy is Seth from Deadwood. It's all recycled actors this season.... Good episode tho.

Joe no comments?