Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Ok, depending on what I end up doing tonight I will download it.

Also, throw more RAM at your machine. I noticed a increase in performance going from 3gb to 6gb and of course Win7.
    Buy the game from a store if possible!

If you download from Steam you won't play till 10pm tonight. Plus I'm not sure how the EA friends list works if you register under steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurise View Post

Plus I'm not sure how the EA friends list works if you register under steam.

They're mutually exclusive, but EA was nice enough early on during beta to make BFBC2 compatible with the shift+tab feature in steam, so while you cant use steam to join friend games (have to use the in game friends) you can shift+tab and chat using the steam friends.

Steam will be the last getting updates from what I understand tho.. Last to get checked for compatibility or something like that?

Ok I went to BB and got the game. Installation took 30 mins, control set up took 25 min, graphics set to high gets me about 25 fps in the single player..... So I am trying Medium settings and getting 60fps or so. I do notice quite a bit of lag as you guys mentioned.... Will play through it for now. How long until I gotta find my joystick?

How long until I gotta find my joystick?
    Nobodies throttle works yet. Its kinda BF2 ish with the flying and drones. I cant get the twist part to work right either so I haven't been flying much. That link I posted with the turret tweaks has some tweaks for flying too.

Ok I went to BB and got the game. Installation took 30 mins, control set up took 25 min, graphics set to high gets me about 25 fps in the single player..... So I am trying Medium settings and getting 60fps or so. I do notice quite a bit of lag as you guys mentioned.... Will play through it for now. How long until I gotta find my joystick?
    Add me! "TheGanja". I'll hop on as soon as the poker tourny is done.

I hate starting over in a new game. I don't know the maps and the guns you start with SUCK A FAT DICK. I am a newb tuber now because the laggy aiming added to a shit gun makes multi player almost unplayable. Got my grenade launcher pin first game yuck.

I'm really getting the hang of the game dude. I told you, add me, my in game name is TheGanja. With two players it's easy to support one another and keep XP flowing in.

Recon is working really nice for me. But I'll be on tomorrow morning and later in the evening if you want to get some games in.

-Edit- Don't worry about the tubes. Trust me, you won't feel bad when it's 18 v 18 and shits flying everywhere. You're gonna be like " Yeah bitch, eat that tube!".

Klaus did you do the mouse tweak in the first link i posted? It'll help.

I am gonna finish the single player and do some multi. I can only take short play sessions of getting my ass kicked by higher level better armed players. I know I will improve and it's a good game - I just hate starting over.

Had a chance to play some multiplayer this weekend and I am beginning to really like the game play. I guess I have kind of missed the larger format war FPS games with MW2 being basically small maps with deathmatch rushes. The graphics are awesome and the ability to destroy any object is cool (but annoying too).

There are a few things that I continue to hate:

1) Server browser sucks and the time it takes to connect to a server is way too long.

2) Sniping is just retarded on some maps... I was in a game last night with 12 snipers vs 12 snipers. Dumb

3) Mowing down all building and cover is lame.

3) Squads are rarely used on any server I have played on.

4) Aiming above someone to hit them (at far distances) is taking the whole realism thing almost too far. It's really hard to get long shots (except with the sniper rifle). And how come it takes me two shots to kill anyone with the sniper rifle but I get killed with one shot?

5) Game is a bit too spammy for me - mortars and drones raining shit down on spawn points is retarded.

I would like to see more ground vehicle maps. I know some of the maps have a couple at the start but I loved the old school desert combat style where eveyone had a chopper or jeep to run around with.

I am only level 2 so I assume the game play will get more enjoyable as I get better weapons and learn the maps. Right now I just try to kill someone and grab their kit so I have a red dot etc.