Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2

And here is a launcher that
    is meant for players to be able to modify settings that are not changeable from the In-Game settings menu. These are normally found in the settings.ini file in your MyDocuments\BFBC2.

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/gossa...2-launcher-v11

I defintely want to play right now, but I'm stuck in ICC

Thanks for those links, I'll have to check them out. I'd like to turn off the weather effects if possible.

Edit- Have you used that settings launcher?
    Last edited by Kurise; 03-18-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurise View Post
    I defintely want to play right now, but I'm stuck in ICC
    I bet you were typing this when I died you bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurise View Post

Edit- Have you used that settings launcher?
    I just tried it last night, nothing special but cool to be able to tweak your FOV in there, the default is real narrow.

The turret and mouse tweaks helped me a bunch...

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    I just tried it last night, nothing special but cool to be able to tweak your FOV in there, the default is real narrow.

The turret and mouse tweaks helped me a bunch...
    I definitely need to look into the turret adjustments. Sitting in any vehicle, especially the UAV is so sluggish.

Third day playing and today was nasty. Getting the hang of the Sniper Rifle and finally got the Defibulator. I turned the in game graphics to low, didn't seem to change much that I noticed, but the FPS increased in shit storm situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillian View Post
    I bet you were typing this when I died you bastard!
    It's quite possible! On the Rotface normal kill, I hit ready check and immediately alt-tabbed. I came back in with him at 70% and I was at the gate with a spore >.<

Kurise - can you post your computer specs. Just wondering what I can expect with me uber (3 months ago) set up

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Kurise - can you post your computer specs. Just wondering what I can expect with me uber (3 months ago) set up
    Windows Vista 64 Bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHZ
    3G Ram

GeForce 9600 GS
    1G Ram

The comp is over a year old, so I'm sure you will be golden. I was getting bogged down a bit in dense, explosive situations. Tweaking the graphics does the trick.

Not sure if your Windows rates video games graphic settings and compares them to your computer. But my comp is rated 5.6 and BC2 is at recommended5.0.

I turned my graphics down to low and so far the only noticable change, besides increased FPS, were trees at far range didn't look as detailed.

My sessions have been getting better and better. The aiming and firing takes much longer to get the hang of than CoD. You have to burst fire and lead your targets most of the time because not everyone sits still. I'm enjoying it much more and recon is a lot of fun when you get the hang of the sniping physics. Mortar strikes are really fun to use as well.

I have noticed though, most of the servers I play on are located in Europe.
    Last edited by Kurise; 03-19-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Ok, depending on what I end up doing tonight I will download it.

Also, throw more RAM at your machine. I noticed a increase in performance going from 3gb to 6gb and of course Win7.

Klaus don't you have basically the same PC build as me?

I have everything on High except "shadows", and I have AA and AF on 2x, this is probably the first game I've had either of those enabled beyond off/1x..

I had a few crashes in beta that seemed like extreme graphics overload, lots an lots of explosions and then it freezes/crashes... but I don't think I've crashed since the release, stable so far...

I would bet you can max all your settings.