Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Kurise - can you post your computer specs. Just wondering what I can expect with me uber (3 months ago) set up
    Windows Vista 64 Bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHZ
    3G Ram

GeForce 9600 GS
    1G Ram

The comp is over a year old, so I'm sure you will be golden. I was getting bogged down a bit in dense, explosive situations. Tweaking the graphics does the trick.

Not sure if your Windows rates video games graphic settings and compares them to your computer. But my comp is rated 5.6 and BC2 is at recommended5.0.

I turned my graphics down to low and so far the only noticable change, besides increased FPS, were trees at far range didn't look as detailed.

My sessions have been getting better and better. The aiming and firing takes much longer to get the hang of than CoD. You have to burst fire and lead your targets most of the time because not everyone sits still. I'm enjoying it much more and recon is a lot of fun when you get the hang of the sniping physics. Mortar strikes are really fun to use as well.

I have noticed though, most of the servers I play on are located in Europe.
    Last edited by Kurise; 03-19-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Ok, depending on what I end up doing tonight I will download it.

Also, throw more RAM at your machine. I noticed a increase in performance going from 3gb to 6gb and of course Win7.

Klaus don't you have basically the same PC build as me?

I have everything on High except "shadows", and I have AA and AF on 2x, this is probably the first game I've had either of those enabled beyond off/1x..

I had a few crashes in beta that seemed like extreme graphics overload, lots an lots of explosions and then it freezes/crashes... but I don't think I've crashed since the release, stable so far...

I would bet you can max all your settings.

Ok, depending on what I end up doing tonight I will download it.

Also, throw more RAM at your machine. I noticed a increase in performance going from 3gb to 6gb and of course Win7.
    Buy the game from a store if possible!

If you download from Steam you won't play till 10pm tonight. Plus I'm not sure how the EA friends list works if you register under steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurise View Post

Plus I'm not sure how the EA friends list works if you register under steam.

They're mutually exclusive, but EA was nice enough early on during beta to make BFBC2 compatible with the shift+tab feature in steam, so while you cant use steam to join friend games (have to use the in game friends) you can shift+tab and chat using the steam friends.

Steam will be the last getting updates from what I understand tho.. Last to get checked for compatibility or something like that?

Ok I went to BB and got the game. Installation took 30 mins, control set up took 25 min, graphics set to high gets me about 25 fps in the single player..... So I am trying Medium settings and getting 60fps or so. I do notice quite a bit of lag as you guys mentioned.... Will play through it for now. How long until I gotta find my joystick?

How long until I gotta find my joystick?
    Nobodies throttle works yet. Its kinda BF2 ish with the flying and drones. I cant get the twist part to work right either so I haven't been flying much. That link I posted with the turret tweaks has some tweaks for flying too.

Ok I went to BB and got the game. Installation took 30 mins, control set up took 25 min, graphics set to high gets me about 25 fps in the single player..... So I am trying Medium settings and getting 60fps or so. I do notice quite a bit of lag as you guys mentioned.... Will play through it for now. How long until I gotta find my joystick?
    Add me! "TheGanja". I'll hop on as soon as the poker tourny is done.

I hate starting over in a new game. I don't know the maps and the guns you start with SUCK A FAT DICK. I am a newb tuber now because the laggy aiming added to a shit gun makes multi player almost unplayable. Got my grenade launcher pin first game yuck.

I'm really getting the hang of the game dude. I told you, add me, my in game name is TheGanja. With two players it's easy to support one another and keep XP flowing in.

Recon is working really nice for me. But I'll be on tomorrow morning and later in the evening if you want to get some games in.

-Edit- Don't worry about the tubes. Trust me, you won't feel bad when it's 18 v 18 and shits flying everywhere. You're gonna be like " Yeah bitch, eat that tube!".