Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Yeah, not gonna spend $50 on a game that bullets don't register on..... I had that back in Counter Strike 1.5..... Guess I will stick with Ruse for a bit until Battlefield gets out of the Beta stage
    ghey.

I'm not having anywhere near the problem with server browser (5 min?, mine takes maybe 30 seconds) or lag that Kurise mentions...

Kurise, what rank are you? Cause the low level weapons are obviously gimped, and are not going to compete with someone who's got the 3rd or 4th tier of weapons unlocked.. And like I said, big diff between Normal and Hardcore.

I agree they need to fix how easy it is to destroy the objectives with mortars but I'm betting they change it. But I've won plenty of rounds and games on defense and have had no problem stopping the offense from destroying objectives. I'm not seeing any domination one way or the other unless the server is full of tards...

imo its not any more glitchy than every other release.. I've never seen one that was free of substantial bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Yeah, not gonna spend $50 on a game that bullets don't register on..... I had that back in Counter Strike 1.5..... Guess I will stick with Ruse for a bit until Battlefield gets out of the Beta stage
    It has a lot to do with the physics in the game. Unlike CoD MWF2 where, you shoot is where the bullets go ( not taking recoil into account). In BC2, bullets actually have to be shot in front of targets at long range to hit them, sniper bullets must adjust their shots higher when sniping at great distances.

I've had one good session and that was today after I wrote my QQ post. I picked up SOMEONE ELSES GUN, whihc happened to have a Red Dot scope and went 22-2 before the game decided to crash on me. I have no clue how to get the scopes or how long it takes, but it seems to have a HUGE impact on the ability to shoot.

I don't want to toot my own horn, but I don't suck at FPS games. BC2 is incredibly frustrating for me and simply getting the bullets to land on the target is tough enough.

Besides the incredible difficulty in making my bullets it their target, the only thing that really pisses me off is the lack of Group voice chat. You can only speak with your squad, which is a max of 4 players. There are multiple squads on a team, which you can text chat with, but no voice chat.

After about 4-5 hours of playing I haven't heard one person speak or any players attempt to play as a team, give out instructions or incomings or anything.

The game basically feels like a merry-go-round Arathi Basin on most scenarios. The only scenario I enjoy, but is still frustration is the Rush. One team defends multiple points (only 2 at a time) while the opposing team has to destroy 3 sets of bases to win the game. The Defending team has unlimited tickets(lives) while the offensive team has a certain amount, only replenishing the tickets when they destroy an objective.

My basic point about where I'm going with this is, the online game is based on team work and cooperation. But I've never heard/seen anyone attempting to lead or help others. And the inability to to voice chat with the entire team is completely idiotic.

Lol and to the picture Klauso. I've been quite calm while playing, just getting disheartened. I intend to keep playing until I can get more of the unlocks, mainly the scopes. The game just isn't what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    ghey.

I'm not having anywhere near the problem with server browser (5 min?, mine takes maybe 30 seconds) or lag that Kurise mentions...

Kurise, what rank are you? Cause the low level weapons are obviously gimped, and are not going to compete with someone who's got the 3rd or 4th tier of weapons unlocked.. And like I said, big diff between Normal and Hardcore.

I agree they need to fix how easy it is to destroy the objectives with mortars but I'm betting they change it. But I've won plenty of rounds and games on defense and have had no problem stopping the offense from destroying objectives. I'm not seeing any domination one way or the other unless the server is full of tards...

imo its not any more glitchy than every other release.. I've never seen one that was free of substantial bugs.
    I'm only a Rank 4. I don't stick with a particular loadout, I usually switch back and forth depending on whats needed. I do agree about the upgrades and such as I listed above. I was able to go from playing like a scrub to playing like normal with a simple scope on the weapon.

And as for Win/Loss, thats not really my worry. On average I'd say it's pretty even, it's just by the time the map is over, I feel like I contributed nothing. Some games I'll do decent with my loadouts, but others I just get rolled.

I tried some of the hardcore, but I don't know the maps at all and spent half my time pressing "m" or tab over and over to make sure I was going the right way. Playing the mode didn't get me any more kills, just made it more difficult to navigate.

I'm still only low level and very new, so I need to ge the hang of the maps. I also turn on Mouse Accell before I went 22-2, it seemed to make the movement more smoothe

Keep in mind this is on the console version. My settings are the highest resolution and medium video settings. It probably wouldn't hurt for me to turn them down more.

Any way, if you have a good comp, you should run it no problem.

Ok, now I wanna try it. Stop it.

I think you should.

Yes, its very real.. real bullet drop and everything... The only games I remember being this real are America's Army (never played, just watched) and Insurgency (mod for CS:Source or BF2?)..

I think the higher tiers will help ya, just like the MW noob guns at first really, and I've only scratched the surface myself. I do have the red-dot and 4x acog on the engineer with 4/6 of the guns opened... It helps... It seems like even the 2nd level of guns is a marginal upgrade, really need the 3rd lvl and above. Working on medic and assault now. I'm inconsistent with this like any other fps, scores range from a few hundred to 10K..

Yep, the in game teamwork is pretty crappy, sucks I know, seems to always be a curse to fps games imo... I've got a few consistent people I'm playing with tho and we're on a TS server, like I said hit me up with a friend invite (once it starts working again lol) and your welcome to play with us.

I sent you a friend invite, you're "Jomama" right? There are a few Jomamas, but they all have numbers. I'd really love some people to play with. Be nice to work together and get some xp.

There is so much potential for team work in the game, but I haven't been able to experience. I'm usually chasing a tank with low armor to repair it or trailing behind some guy with HP to heal him >.<. This is where I think the squad voice chat only is a huge flaw in the game.

My in-game name is "TheGanja".

Yeah, I pre-purchased and played beta so I got my name, no #'s..

Oh yeah, fyi, the accel is actually kinda counter to most peoples fps play, although thats one of the supposed bugs too, Mouse Accel is on whether you turn it on in options or not.

If you are pointing at A (mark where your mouse is) turn away to point B, and turn back towards a A putting your mouse in the same spot, you wont be pointing at A, you will have gone past it.. Which sucks for precision play, hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Going to try this tonight. Here is a mouse and turret tweak. Turrets turn really slow by default and the options arn't working.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showp...postcount=1684